Premiership Strikers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Premiership Strikers

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Just an interesting factoid.
I've been looking at building up a (Telegraph) Fantasy Football team of 'newbies' i.e. players brought in on transfer that weren't 'in the game' last season.

I've looked and, as far as I can see, loads of goalies signed, lots of defenders and oodles of midfielders but not a single striker signed into the Premiership??

is that weird or just the nature of the beast? or will lots of the 'middies' play in an offensive role?

Just means my striker(s) would have to be internal squad additions (didn't play last season) or from Wolves Fulham or Cardiff.

Interesting .. neh? :think:

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
You may be able to add Ollie Watkins to your team if rumours are to be believed!

Leaves Exeter for £1.8m, Brentford now want £12-15m depending on which paper you believe.

Crazy!

Exeter must be due a windfall from a sell on clause.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I found one!! :clap:

Florin Andone (who phones and autospells insist on calling 'And one'!!)was recruited by Brighton in May and was officially signed on 1st June.
Brighton!! He should bag a few for them! :facepalm: :lol:

Just fascinated how few strikers have been brought in. Puts the: Argo need to sign a 20 goal a season striker' argument into perspective.
Seems 'guaranteed' goalscorers are not easy to find and really expensive to sign!!

What is Alex Battle doing these days? ;)

Aug 5, 2015
Try making up a team of Englishmen signed by Premier League teams lately. I think you’ll struggle