Bradford City Financial Difficulties???? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bradford City Financial Difficulties????

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
I post this reluctantly as I try to avoid rumours like the plague, but I got this from a good friend of mine who is a life-long Bradford City fan, and also happens to be solicitor working for Leeds Council. He has plenty of contacts in the football world (well, Yorkshire at least ), and has talked about a number of meetings he had with Peter Ridsdale during his time at Leeds United, so I trust his comments more than most.

Anywhores, we were talking yesterday about our relative league positions and he dropped in that he had it on "very good authority" that the players havent been paid for a few weeks. He wouldn't commit to more than that, but inferred that Bradford are struggling financially. I'll see if I can dig out any more details from him.

Just thought I'd mention it.....

Jan 20, 2004
They have had really cheap ticket prices for some years now to attract bigger crowds and create an atmosphere. All very well if the team are doing well but if crowds start falling away when the team are playing badly they really are inviting trouble.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
I've never quite understood why but I've definitely got a soft spot for Bradford. Something to do with Valley Parade I think, one of the great lower-league grounds. It wouldn't be the first time they've been in trouble financially, they overcommitted on wages when they were briefly in the Premier League and then the collapse of ITV Digital hit them hard. Hopefully they can sort out themselves out soon, they're far too big a club for League 2.