Big game for the Borough in the Cup on Friday | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Big game for the Borough in the Cup on Friday

Dec 29, 2015
Just got my tickets in the Club Bar (classic!) for the Haringey Borough game vs AFC Wimbledon. The club's badge is green and black but their team colours are Torquayesque. Also claim to be the only team which truly plays in White Hart Lane. Argyle in the Second Round?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Woodgreener":3bwhtk5s said:
Just got my tickets in the Club Bar (classic!) for the Haringey Borough game vs AFC Wimbledon. The club's badge is green and black but their team colours are Torquayesque. Also claim to be the only team which truly plays in White Hart Lane. Argyle in the Second Round?

I used to love the North London non-League scene when I lived in Enfield.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Great days, watching hungry players with raw ability but obvious flaws.

Sadly those days are gone, most of the non league sides are made up of players who failed at academies, but had their raw talent coached out of them so they could focus on shape and structure!

Princerock

♣️ PASALB Member
Aug 14, 2011
Lundan Cabbie":fbobsoji said:
Woodgreener":fbobsoji said:

1950/60's Isthmian league...top amateur football in those days was my scene......such as....Bromley, Walthamstow Avenue, Ilford, Corinthian Casuals, Dulwich Hamlet, Leytonstone, Kingstonian, Wimbledon, St Albans City, Romford, Wycombe Wanderers, Tooting & Mitcham, Barking and Maidstone teams that come to mind when I was young.

Sep 25, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":1y3tkfqs said:
Woodgreener":1y3tkfqs said:

When I used to live in a London, and was a match official, I lost count the number of times I officiated at Coles Park, White Hart Lane. Club is right in the middle of Tottenham, obviously.

Lovely club, good committee and manager, big Greek influence in the club, always made you feel very welcome. Hope they do well. Only down side pitch was a bit dodgy, and I don’t think the Wimbledon players will enjoy the sparse cramped dressing rooms.

Martyn":1uvyt8kv said:
Lundan Cabbie":1uvyt8kv said:
Woodgreener":1uvyt8kv said:

When I used to live in a London, and was a match official, I lost count the number of times I officiated at Coles Park, White Hart Lane. Club is right in the middle of Tottenham, obviously.

Lovely club, good committee and manager, big Greek influence in the club, always made you feel very welcome. Hope they do well. Only down side pitch was a bit dodgy, and I don’t think the Wimbledon players will enjoy the sparse cramped dressing rooms.

I used to play for the mighty Alexandra Park FC (Southern Amateur League) who count the New River Stadium on White Hart Lane as one of their outgrounds; I think a couple of other amateur league teams play there too, as well as London Scholars Rugby Club. If it was windy on match day, your goalkeeper risked conceding a corner with every goal kick.

Dec 29, 2015
Many moons ago before I moved to North London, I played in a friendly match at the New River Stadium. I scored a goal in the style of Jimmy Hinch. Basically it landed on my head while I was standing virtually on the goal line. I saw Argyle play Hendon at Home Park in the First Round of the Cup. I think Jimmy might have been playing for us that day.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Doing ok so far - holding AFC Wimbledon 0-0 and could have had a penalty.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Enjoyed that. They gave them a good game. :thumbs:
Wilmbledon just had that extra quality in the final third.

Our old boys Purrington and Jervis played well.

Sep 6, 2006
You mean their lucky deflection? Thought Wombles looked terrible and will surely take care of one of relegation places.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Balham_Green":1qptnnhv said:
Thought Wombles looked terrible and will surely take care of one of relegation places.

Maybe. As we know form can quickly turn though.

If it's them instead of us I'll be happy.