VAR Brazil vs Australia | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

VAR Brazil vs Australia

Mar 14, 2009
So I’m watching Australia vs Brazil. It’s 2-2.

Then a ball is pumped forward towards the Australian forward. She is offside. However, the Brazilian defender gets there first. Unfortunately, she backward heads it into her own net as it flicks off the top of her head.

Suddenly VAR is used. They are looking at whether the Australian women was interfering enough with play. If she wasn’t the goal stands.

They ask the ref to look. She takes her time and awards the goal.

I’m confused. Surely, the first incident is offside?? If the Australian forward wasn’t in an advanced position the Brazilian defender surely didn’t need to take action and try and head it. Is that not interfering with play? Instead of trying to head it, if the Girl did nothing it would of been offside or it would of gone through to the keeper.

I thought VAR was going to make things less confusing. The lines women gave offside as the ball was kicked. I guess l am lost in how they reached that conclusion.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Metal_Green_Mickey":2tqauspw said:
So I’m watching Australia vs Brazil. It’s 2-2.

Then a ball is pumped forward towards the Australian forward. She is offside. However, the Brazilian defender gets there first. Unfortunately, she backward heads it into her own net as it flicks off the top of her head.

Suddenly VAR is used. They are looking at whether the Australian women was interfering enough with play. If she wasn’t the goal stands.

They ask the ref to look. She takes her time and awards the goal.

I’m confused. Surely, the first incident is offside?? If the Australian forward wasn’t in an advanced position the Brazilian defender surely didn’t need to take action and try and head it. Is that not interfering with play? Instead of trying to head it, if the Girl did nothing it would have been offside or it would have gone through to the keeper.

I thought VAR was going to make things less confusing. The lines women gave offside as the ball was kicked. I guess l am lost in how they reached that conclusion.

Sounds like clear cut interference and a poor decision to me from what you describe.

Mar 23, 2019
VAR is absolutely terrible and is destroying the game. Whats the point in celebrating if the goals just going to be taken away from you 5 minutes later?

Yesterday was the first game i watched, it was entertaining. Quality not great, but not bad either.