Rúben signs for FC Famalicão | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Rúben signs for FC Famalicão

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
Hats off to you for finding that one first. Can't blame Ruben at all. 4 year deal. Small club just promoted but with big backers. Good luck Ruben

Jul 12, 2006
Wiltshire
Saw a random tweet that finally turned out to be useful!

Not great news to be sharing, but as with Carey, slightly easier to take than if he had gone to a rival in one of our leagues.

twist of lime

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Feb 22, 2008
Herts
Good luck to him.

Gave the fans some magic moments to remember

At least we wont have to sit and watch him score against us for a rival....

COYG

Apr 4, 2004
I'm gutted. I knew he wasn't coming back but still gutted. I think he's got to be one of my favourite players ever to wear the green shirt. Good luck Ruben.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Inevitable. No chance we can compete with a four year contract, especially in the Portuguese first division.

Incredible player when he could be arsed for a few months a season. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for him.

Jan 30, 2016
Sorry to see him go, best of luck to him. However, that is the last of our "playmakers" -the more creative players. I just wonder who we will get in - another Lillian perhaps?

Dec 13, 2004
Good Luck Ruben, when he was on it he was a joy to behold, hopefully he will continue to improve and go on to have a long and successful career in Portugal.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
ming the merciless":35shop0q said:
I'm gutted. I knew he wasn't coming back but still gutted. I think he's got to be one of my favourite players ever to wear the green shirt. Good luck Ruben.
I’ll certainly echo that. He was a lovely player to watch – the way he just glided past opponents ……...it’s the only word to describe it ….. he didn’t seem to beat players with sudden changes of speed or shimmies or fancy step-overs but somehow just seemed to 'glide' past them and his first touch and spin were just brilliant. Good Luck to him.

Oct 31, 2015
Good luck Ruban

Thanks for everything. Some stunning tekkers as well for us to remember.

Not a player to have in a 4th division scrap mind so never thought he would sign again.

Jul 29, 2010
Nobby":1wv5f0yp said:
Inevitable. No chance we can compete with a four year contract, especially in the Portuguese first division.

Incredible player when he could be arsed for a few months a season. Will be interesting to see how this pans out for him.

Sorry to buck the trend but for me this is key. It is why I hold GC10 in far higher esteem. I may be in a minority of one but I value effort above all else, arsedness trumps non-arsedness every time. Even if the non-arsedness is temporary or periodic a 'mood player' is no player at all as far as I am concerned. It is why I never shared the collective semi-on over Akos Buzsaky, he switched off as many times as he shone brightly.

I concede these players could do brilliant things, but if you can't rely on them to be bothered, and bothered EVERY time, then it becomes a lottery what you're gonna get when you pay your entrance fee. Give me a Chuck Norris, a Friio, a Carey every day. Mood players just leave me cold, if you can't give heart and soul every game then the moments of genius mean nothing.

The showreel they've signed him on will undoubtedly look fantastic, what it won't show is the wilderness periods. Sofia have got a far far superior player.

For a slightly different reason, but in the same ball park, are players who think they are better than us. It is why I won't shed a tear about Ladapo leaving either. Bye then :wave:

Clear the decks, make some money and free some wages up, bring in some heart and soul players, some 100%ers. Had we had a team of them last season we wouldn't have gone down.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
That’s a strange one, as he had genuinely big clubs interested and this team seems like a real minnow. Beneath the big Portuguese clubs you’re looking at League 2 size set-ups, and L1/Championship looked to be a better move for his career.

Just saw that they’re part-owned by the same people who own Atletico Madrid though, so there could be something going on there or simply this club is seeing big investment. Plus he is (technically) Portuguese.