Maynard to Mansfield? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Maynard to Mansfield?

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
They're welcome to him

I don't get this love in for a striker who scored more than 10 goals for the first time in just shy of a decade but still scored less goals in a league below than our striker who we just sold and most people were happy to wave out the door?

Am I missing something?

Mar 14, 2009
Ross":2f7t5n3y said:
They're welcome to him

I don't get this love in for a striker who scored more than 10 goals for the first time in just shy of a decade but still scored less goals in a league below than our striker who we just sold and most people were happy to wave out the door?

Am I missing something?

I see where your coming from.

My only concern is the location factor being a issue for some of our other targets.

The first guy we signed has lived in the west county before, so it’s a easier sale to persuade him to move.

Have to wait and see l guess.

Tynan One Nil

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
Harmes post from another thread last Monday - accurate?

“Lowe’s targets from Bury are very unlikely.
Maynard (Mansfield)
Mayor (Ipswich)
O’Shea emigrating to play in Australia.
Rossiter on loan likely.
Telford possibly”

Mar 14, 2009
Tynan One Nil":276pd3ut said:
Harmes post from another thread last Monday - accurate?

“Lowe’s targets from Bury are very unlikely.
Maynard (Mansfield)
Mayor (Ipswich)
O’Shea emigrating to play in Australia.
Rossiter on loan likely.
Telford possibly”

Considering O Shea has gone to Australia, Mansfield interest in Maynard and Mayor known to have talked with Ipswich it appears that the first 3 are more likely are going to go exactly where he said.

Disappointing, but location and playing at L2 level was going to be an issue. Once l heard Ipswich were in for Mayor, and now Fleetwood, l just thought they can offer him money and more importantly he probably won’t have to move if he goes to Fleetwood. One club was hard enough to compete with from L1 but two clubs, one big in fan base and the other cash rich means l have given up what little hope he signed for us. Hope lm wrong, but based on financial and/or location logic from the players perspectives it would be amazingly brilliant to somehow persuade Maynard and Mayor to come here especially when in the past we normally have lose out to other clubs because they didn’t want to live down here.

Even if it doesn’t happen, was exciting to think for a few days Mayor might of signed for us though....

I think Telford and Rossiter we have a chance with.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Ross":15vuuy2t said:
They're welcome to him

Am I missing something?

Agree Ross.

Add to this the fact that he’s in the twilight of his career = no sell on value so only any point in a 1 year deal.

Would be great as a bit part player, can see valuable cameos and valuable experience around the squad, but only if his wages aren’t excessive.

Also agree that the antipathy towards Freddie has been baffling.

Jul 12, 2016
Why baffling? Ladapo was not a team player and appeared to "throw his toys out the pram " when he was denied a move in January by largely giving up for the rest of the campaign.
Maynard played under Lowe and presumably put in a shift or he would not be wanted.

Mar 16, 2009
London
oldage":1yc3vpkn said:
Why baffling? Ladapo was not a team player and appeared to "throw his toys out the pram " when he was denied a move in January by largely giving up for the rest of the campaign.
Maynard played under Lowe and presumably put in a shift or he would not be wanted.

Oh that’s gospel is it? He gave up?

Freddie was by the far the best player on the pitch in most of the games I saw after January.

He played through an injury towards the end too.

And we severely missed him against Barnsley and when he was benched v Accrington.

We had him at the club for just a season and yet he’s gone for our biggest coffer-boosting figure for what, 10 years? Rotherham have got a bargain.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Also Oldage, why are you lamenting over Maynard, if it’s true he’s going to reject us for Mansfield, whereas a player like Freddie you slate? You question his attitude, yet he chose to relocate to Plymouth and repaid Adams’ faith with 19 mostly outstanding goals in a struggling side!

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
Justin":1qa9eov1 said:
oldage":1qa9eov1 said:

Oh that’s gospel is it? He gave up?

Freddie was by the far the best player on the pitch in most of the games I saw after January.

He played through an injury towards the end too.

And we severely missed him against Barnsley and when he was benched v Accrington.

We had him at the club for just a season and yet he’s gone for our biggest coffer-boosting figure for what, 10 years? Rotherham have got a bargain.

Only if he scores another 20 goals

Mar 16, 2009
London
Regardless of how many goals he gets next season Ross.

He’s a player that will play at a higher level.
He’s 3 years away from his peak.
He’s got pace and is capable of turning lost causes into goals. Virtuoso goals.

Rotherham have got a bargain.

Mar 14, 2009
jimsing":3ldxinl3 said:
Mansfield just signed Andy Cook, the prolific goalscorer, according to the CEO.

He was signed about a week ago.

Unless lm mistaken she is referring to another new signing they just made.

Northampton, Bradford and now Mansfield certainly laying down markers with player recruitment.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Ross":91469ns1 said:
They're welcome to him

I don't 0 get this love in for a striker who scored more than 10 goals for the first time in just shy of a decade but still scored less goals in a league below than our striker who we just sold and most people were happy to wave out the door?

Am I missing something?

Obviously won't matter if Maynard signs for someone else Ross , however Maynard scored more goals than Freddie last season , 20 League goals ( no pens ) and 6 assists from 34 starts and 3 sub appearances ( 2,952 mins on the pitch with a goal every 154 mins ) , compared to Freddie , 18 League goals ( no pens ) and 3 assists from 42 starts and 3 sub appearances ( 3,711 mins on the pitch with a goal every 206 mins .
Also despite Maynard not scoring more than 10 goals in a League season since 2009/10 season his career record is 120 goals ( 4 pens ) and 36 assists from 291 starts and 101 sub appearances at an average of 215 mins a goal , whilst Freddie has only scored more than 10 goals in a season once in the Football League or Conference and that was last season , his career record at Conference level and above being 28 goals ( no pens ) and 7 assists from 79 starts and 39 sub appearances at an average of 258 mins a goal .
This is not a dig at Freddie as he did very well last season and Argyle did well to get a decent fee for a player they had for one season , however if we could pick up Maynard on a free transfer , i think that would be an excellent signing .