Carl Fletcher | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Carl Fletcher

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Looking set to be named the new Leyton Orient manager.

Best of luck to him if so, always thought we’d see him return to management sooner or later, probably learnt a lot coaching at Bournemouth & Orient could be a good move for him.

We’ll see him next week if it happens.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Just been texting a mate on exactly this theme. Always wanted him to get another go after managing in impossible circumstances with us. I always remember the interview after he lost his job and was in tears. It meant a lot to him, I also remember that Shrewsbury away goal he scored that meant a lot to the away end too. Good luck Fletch

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
An absolute top, top bloke - put his heart and soul into his time with us in a way that very few would. Hope he gets the job and hope he's a huge success.

Mar 1, 2008
I still can't believe he managed to keep us up with the group of players he had. Such an underrated achievement.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
mervyn":1hkcixfs said:
Interesting. On Saturday DA was being spoken of as a dead cert for the job. Wonder whose mind was changed.
DA went for an interview but turned it down. I hope Carl doesn't come to regret it. Good luck to him.

Mar 23, 2008
So pleased for him, what a great chap and a loyal servant in our time of need. Felt there was a good manager in there and suspect he will good good after some more experience.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Although it was 7ish years ago and I was a lot younger, if I remember right we played some lovely passing football under Fletch in the season after he kept us up, we just couldn't score, and like other people have said he performed miracles to keep us up after staying with us when he wasn't getting paid and playing in a division below where he should have been playing.

For me the man is an Argyle legend and I hope he absolutely tears it up at Leyton Orient, and I believe he can, I imagine he's learned a lot since becoming a manager with us - especially at Bournemouth, and I hope they go on to finish second in the league this season playing wonderful, attractive football because I'd love for him to succeed; just not on Tuesday.

Well done Fletch! :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I recall thinking after his final press conference tears - we have just sacked a bloke who cares much more than some of those who got him sacked. Full marks to him leaving his safe and well paid job at Bournemouth for a hazardous existence at leyton Orient.

Oct 24, 2013
Keepitgreen":3kjbe7p9 said:
mervyn":3kjbe7p9 said:
Interesting. On Saturday DA was being spoken of as a dead cert for the job. Wonder whose mind was changed.
DA went for an interview but turned it down. I hope Carl doesn't come to regret it. Good luck to him.

Anyone else think DA to AFC Wimbledon now that Downes has left them?