Jim Bentley leaves Morecambe for Fylde | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Jim Bentley leaves Morecambe for Fylde

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Until today the longest serving manager in English football. He’s worked wonders at Morecambe over the years. Probably recognises he’s done as much as is possible, and that AFC Fylde are a club on the up with more prospects, doesn’t have to relocate either. I’ve always been fond of him from an outside perspective, always seems to talk complete sense and has always been very complimentary towards us, hope he does well.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
What has happened to Dave Challinor the previous boss at Fylde?
He was a name that was discussed for the vacant Argyle position in the summer and seemed like a pretty good managerial prospect. Has it all gone sour there?
(Obviously I could look this up for myself... )

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
The Doctor":baslsocl said:
What has happened to Dave Challinor the previous boss at Fylde?
He was a name that was discussed for the vacant Argyle position in the summer and seemed like a pretty good managerial prospect. Has it all gone sour there?
(Obviously I could look this up for myself... )

'Reluctantly' sacked on 12th October. Chairman's statement included:
We have no doubt in our mind that sometime in the not too distant future Dave will become a Football League manager and he leaves with our sincere thanks and best wishes.

and:
In fact, Dave and Colin’s first game was November 3rd 2011 away to Curzon Ashton in Evo Stik One North, nearly eight years ago.

That meant that until today Dave was the second longest-serving manager in the top five tiers of English football, with only Jim Bentley at Morecambe being in the job longer.
:shock:

So, was he being 'tapped up' for an EFL job? :think:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Challinor has been inserted as the 2nd favourite for the Morecambe job which would mean a straight swap if it were to happen.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Pogleswoody":ijvr678z said:
The Doctor":ijvr678z said:
:thumbup: Thanks - I wish all my questions about life were answered so quickly and effectively!

Yes, well it's quite nice to get a quick response from a doctor, Doc!! ;)

You really wouldn’t want me to be treating you, believe me!