Derek Adams new Morecambe manager

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Good luck to him! He will do well to avoid relegation.

Two and a half year deal ... Morecambe FC

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Far better journey for his family that's for sure.

A tiny, tiny club but he'll make them had to beat I reckon.

Best of luck Derek.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Shocked by that actually.

With his CV (bar his last season) and win percentage, surely he could have done better than possibly the smallest club in the EFL.

Good luck, anyway.

Jun 27, 2019
Blimey, he really must have been struggling for offers to go there. I know many of us had our issues with his playing style and recruitment, but he achieved enough during his time with us to suggest he was capable of taking on a bigger assignment than Morecambe.

Genuinely surprised he's taken that.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Interesting appointment. I would imagine that Morecambe are about the same size as Ross County so he should do okay. Just read the Morecambe website item - It could have done with an extra sentence at the end: "And from then on it was all downhill". :think:

May 8, 2011
Adams just likes a challenge, never did like an easy life, he says that about Argyle.
I assume Morecambe’s ownership model and its set up is to his liking or he would have turned it down like the other Clubs that have contacted him.
Wonder how many ex Argyle players currently free agents may end up there.

Oct 16, 2016
Interesting, I thought he’d be a shoe-in to replace Ole at uTD or the hot seat at Spurs??

Nov 18, 2011
He did some great things with the smallest club in the SPL, I think it's a shrewd appointment by Morecambe.

Jul 14, 2008
Wish him well too but it is surprising. If it was just down to his managerial record then there would be no reason why he couldn’t get a bigger club than Morecambe. It makes you wonder whether his difficult attitude at times has become common knowledge in the EPL.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
One month in, Derek. What do you think of it so far?
Rubbish!

I'll wish him luck :thumbs: if all those Adamsaficionados on here stop posting about him on the Argyle threads. Deal?

Shouldn't this (therefore) be on The Football Forum btw??

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
It will also be interesting to see how he copes with a small budget.

He moaned about Argyles enough, i suspect his about to be in for a shock at Morecambe (fully appreciate he probably knows already and that was said tongue in cheek)