Spurs - what a shame | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Spurs - what a shame

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
With Mourinho's appointment I've changed in an instant from a lifelong liker of Spurs into a disliker.

The man is toxic.

I think they’ll regret this. Class is permanent, form is temporary. Pochetino achieved outstanding results on his budget, and to fire him because of a dip in form is stupid. There are three clubs which demand their team plays with panache, that’s Man U, West Ham and Tottenham. Mourinho will play dour defensive football with this squad as he did at Man U, and the fans won’t like it.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
mervyn":n5u8a0x6 said:
I think they’ll regret this. Class is permanent, form is temporary. Pochetino achieved outstanding results on his budget, and to fire him because of a dip in form is stupid. There are three clubs which demand their team plays with panache, that’s Man U, West Ham and Tottenham. Mourinho will play dour defensive football with this squad as he did at Man U, and the fans won’t like it.
CAM. (I don't know if that's an accepted internet abbreviation yet but... couldn't agree more!)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Got to admire Levy's diligence tho'! To let a manager go last night,find, interview and appoint a new manager overnight?! He must have worked hard at that! :think:

Ah, the integrity of it all!

How can a sacked manager from a London club that has won nothing be considered a good bet to become manager of Real Madrid?

Anyway, good luck to Poch, stick it to 'em son.

Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone?! We'll stay in our half and put up a 10 man wall!! :lol:

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
I think it's a good appointment I think he can bring success to the club after all he's been successful everywhere he's been.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
mervyn":1clm8nlj said:
It's not just a dip in form. Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Burnley have all picked up more points than Spurs so far this calendar year. There's probably more teams like that too but I stopped after checking those three. Spurs reaching the Champions League final masked the fact that they have been poor for a long time in the league. Pochettino said before the final that if they'd won he'd have gone. I don't think he's been fully committed to the job for quite a while now and something needed to change.

Dec 30, 2004
Brighton
Pogleswoody":1tqpmbid said:
Don't it always seem to go, you don't know what you've got till it's gone?! We'll stay in our half and put up a 10 man wall!! :lol:
Thank you, Joni Mitchpogle :)

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Argy1e":3purdsz2 said:
mervyn":3purdsz2 said:
It's not just a dip in form. Newcastle, Crystal Palace and Burnley have all picked up more points than Spurs so far this calendar year. There's probably more teams like that too but I stopped after checking those three. Spurs reaching the Champions League final masked the fact that they have been poor for a long time in the league. Pochettino said before the final that if they'd won he'd have gone. I don't think he's been fully committed to the job for quite a while now and something needed to change.

Tottenham and Burnley are actually level on points in the calendar year table with Spurs ahead on GD.

Interestingly though, if you only consider 2019 away matches, Tottenham are 18th and below Cardiff City despite having played 5 more games.

Jan 2, 2010
Got to respect his agent though. Get a good contract, wind up the players, fans and/or owners, play awful football and get the entire contract paid up to leave.
Bloke must be laughing to himself every payday.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Shadowknight":2az17io2 said:
Got to respect his agent though. Get a good contract, wind up the players, fans and/or owners, play awful football and get the entire contract paid up to leave.

He does bring in a few trophies though. :shock:

Jan 2, 2010
Lundan Cabbie":1vbnj5ze said:
Shadowknight":1vbnj5ze said:

Very much like in Football Manager computer games though.
Give anyone (eg) Chelsea's squad, their coaching staff, facilities and the Roubles he had and they would have a fair stab.

How much of his success, is down to him?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Pochettino did an unbelievable job at Spurs over a number of years, transforming them from a punchline into a contender. The sacking, to me, seems early and harsh.

With regards to appointing Mourinho, he is top manager and it’s testament to Pochettino that Spurs are even able to attract a manager like Mourinho nowadays. It’s clear that Spurs are hoping he can take them that step further in terms of being a little more savvy and winning trophies (which he is an expert at), it’s a risk, we’ll see if it pays off, if it does and they start winning silverware then Levy can take a lot of credit for a shrewd bit of leadership, if it doesn’t then they’ve lost a very good manager in Pochettino & it’ll be a big setback.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Lundan Cabbie":2yqlzemt said:
Argy1e":2yqlzemt said:
mervyn":2yqlzemt said:

Tottenham and Burnley are actually level on points in the calendar year table with Spurs ahead on GD.

Interestingly though, if you only consider 2019 away matches, Tottenham are 18th and below Cardiff City despite having played 5 more games.
I had Burnley three points clear, but I know where I went wrong. I used the table from 1st January, but didn't take into account that Spurs played and won on 1st January!

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Shadowknight":tp4rtbe1 said:
Lundan Cabbie":tp4rtbe1 said:
Shadowknight":tp4rtbe1 said:

Very much like in Football Manager computer games though.
Give anyone (eg) Chelsea's squad, their coaching staff, facilities and the Roubles he had and they would have a fair stab.

How much of his success, is down to him?

Before Mourinho Ranieri had the money at Chelsea but didn't win the title.
Porto Champions League
Inter Champions League