Is the Championship starting to crumble? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Is the Championship starting to crumble?

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
I was going to post something similar myself the other day, and personally, mods, feel this should stay on the main board.

It's because I just wonder if Argyle will be in a good position in 3 or 4 years time to sweep in and be financially stable and step over a dozen or so (maybe more) cash-stricken current Championship clubs..

What is going on up there is absolutely unbelievable at the moment and how these club owners on mass are just gambling with their football teams. Of course while they're almost all at it, gambling makes even less sense because the playing field remains fairly level, just the debt gets ever bigger.

ChepstowGreen":1j212wh9 said:
I was going to post something similar myself the other day, and personally, mods, feel this should stay on the main board.

It's because I just wonder if Argyle will be in a good position in 3 or 4 years time to sweep in and be financially stable and step over a dozen or so (maybe more) cash-stricken current Championship clubs..

What is going on up there is absolutely unbelievable at the moment and how these club owners on mass are just gambling with their football teams. Of course while they're almost all at it, gambling makes even less sense because the playing field remains fairly level, just the debt gets ever bigger.

I share your view Chepstow. It’s inconceivable that with average Championship losses of £11 million pa per club, that something won’t give. A possibility is that the EFL will halve the allowable annual loss per club for example, which could really create opportunities for solvent clubs like Argyle.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
It wont be long now until the cracks turn to holes.

Most Championship clubs have sold their grounds to make "profits" to stay within the 3 year loss rule, they can't sell them a second time.

I wouldn't be surprised in the next 5 years or so we see a firm push by the Championship to move to a separate structure with their own TV rights, unless of course the EFL get their act together and sort out this financial crisis (fat chance of that happening).

May 16, 2016
Willis88":xep6h1ri said:
It wont be long now until the cracks turn to holes.

Most Championship clubs have sold their grounds to make "profits" to stay within the 3 year loss rule, they can't sell them a second time.

I wouldn't be surprised in the next 5 years or so we see a firm push by the Championship to move to a separate structure with their own TV rights, unless of course the EFL get their act together and sort out this financial crisis (fat chance of that happening).

.......or Prem2 appears with the bigger Championship Clubs plus the Premier B Teams.......