✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Liverpool did what so many Premiershit teams do - took the pee by not playing the first team in the FA Cup and now they have an unwanted replay!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
What a performance.
That was how to play a cup tie against Liverpool rather than 180 minutes of defence.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You didn't eventually get tickets for the home game then UTL? I didn't see a lot of defence that night.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":3bhitaqn said:
You didn't eventually get tickets for the home game then UTL? I didn't see a lot if defence that night.

I can remember Jervis' chance but not many other forays into Liverpools half. Refresh me on the other near misses?
Shrewsbury missed two good chances in the first half (Whalley) another couple in the second (Lang? then Laurent...who was superb and Laurent again when the keeper just about turned it for a corner) plus the two goals and generally pressing high up the park.
I just enjoyed watching a real blood and thunder cup tie where the smaller club showed no fear and had a real pop.
Maybe they'll park the bus at Anfield but on that showing they needn't have to.
Cracking stuff. Hopefully next time we get to face a top division side we'll put in a similar, 'no fear' showing

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
It was a pity ex-Argyle player Ollie Norburn had to leave the field because of injury. I always thought there was more to this guy's talent than many thought on here.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
up_the_line":3u3rqdnw said:
IJN":3u3rqdnw said:
You didn't eventually get tickets for the home game then UTL? I didn't see a lot if defence that night.

I can remember Jervis' chance but not many other forays into Liverpools half. Refresh me on the other near misses?
Shrewsbury missed two good chances in the first half (Whalley) another couple in the second (Lang? then Laurent...who was superb and Laurent again when the keeper just about turned it for a corner) plus the two goals and generally pressing high up the park.
I just enjoyed watching a real blood and thunder cup tie where the smaller club showed no fear and had a real pop.
Maybe they'll park the bus at Anfield but on that showing they needn't have to.
Cracking stuff. Hopefully next time we get to face a top division side we'll put in a similar, 'no fear' showing

Like Tranmere did vs Man Utd? Yeah, I'm sure their fans loved that.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Also, DA worked that Liverpool FA Cup tie perfectly. The fans had a great day out at Anfield and then a full house back at HP in which we did at times match Liverpool. The atmosphere was great and as I was walking out of the ground that night the overwhelming majority of fans were saying how proud they were of Argyle and what a great night it was.

Aug 5, 2016
up_the_line":3nftxuia said:
What a performance.
That was how to play a cup tie against Liverpool rather than 180 minutes of defence.

Let's see if they play like that and score two goals at Anfield first.

The clean sheet masterminded by DA earned the club a sellout replay and earned a lot of unbudgeted money.

It was one of very few clean sheets of an away team at Anfield that season, the others being Mourinho's Man Utd and Dyche's Burnley.