Matt Macey | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matt Macey

Feb 6, 2011
Macey is reserve keeper for Arsenal in the FA cup tonight. Was Alan Miller the last Argyle keeper to be in an Arsenal cup semi final squad?

Mar 16, 2009
London
davie nine":t0fwkmq6 said:
A bit like Sarcevic, he doesn’t belong on this forum.

Gem has started a thread about a recent player doing well at his current club, and asked an Argyle related question to give it context.

Macey will be on the bench at least for the FA Cup final now. If Arsenal win he may even get a winners medal.

If I start a thread discussing ex-Argyle players who have FA Cup winners medals, will that also be deemed non-Argyle related?

And why does Davie Nine get to decide its fate?

Why are 'Fletcher to Tiverton;, or 'Shilton Gambling', among loads of other threads still on the main forum, any more Argyle related than this one?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
‘Doing well at his current club’?
A third choice ‘keeper sat on the bench because the first choice ‘keeper is injured?
The only way he will play is if the second choice ‘keeper, Martinez, who is playing well, is also injured.
This is the appropriate forum for this topic.
If Macey played in the Cup Final and did well, I would be happy to acknowledge his performance. To date, I can only judge him on his performances for Plymouth Argyle.

Mar 16, 2009
London
davie nine":7c1bezq4 said:
‘Doing well at his current club’?
A third choice ‘keeper sat on the bench because the first choice ‘keeper is injured?
The only way he will play is if the second choice ‘keeper, Martinez, who is playing well, is also injured.
This is the appropriate forum for this topic.
If Macey played in the Cup Final and did well, I would be happy to acknowledge his performance. To date, I can only judge him on his performances for Plymouth Argyle.

Gem's post related to Argyle players who have been involved in FA Cup semi finals.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
‘Involved’ but not ‘played’.
Many Premier League clubs play their reserve ‘keeper in the FA Cup if they trust them.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Pogleswoody":3h5t317a said:
Is being considered the third best keeper at Arsenal a pointer to your total lack of ability then?? :think: :crazy:

No but the fact that he signed a contract extension back in March is a sign of how much they rate him.

And in front of him in the pecking order?

A German International keeper and Argentina's next No.1.

Nov 18, 2011
Justin":2dog7wp6 said:
Pogleswoody":2dog7wp6 said:
Is being considered the third best keeper at Arsenal a pointer to your total lack of ability then?? :think: :crazy:

No but the fact that he signed a contract extension back in March is a sign of how much they rate him.

And in front of him in the pecking order?

A German International keeper and Argentina's next No.1.

The reason Arsenal have signed Macey to a new deal is because as a home grown player he's useful to have to meet the registration requirements of European football.
They're probably keeping everything crossed he never actually has to play.