Fadz (does McFadzean have a club yet?) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fadz (does McFadzean have a club yet?)

Oct 31, 2015
Anyone know if Fadz had got a club yet? Seems like a mad move to leave a contract offer and have nothing.

I would have posted this under ex players but where is that? :silent:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
He tweeted something the other day and there’s nothing at all about a new club. The last footbally bits were all Argyle.

What a waste!

Jul 12, 2016
Surprised he hasn't found a club .There are worst footballers out there .Depends what his demands are I suppose.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It seems odd that a double promotion winner who can play left wing-back, left-back and centre-back can't find a northern club.

He could still re-sign for us! :)

Jun 27, 2019
Zero sympathy. He was onto a winner with a club going places but decided to run off home to his whippets.

Hope he ends up in non-league.

Oct 14, 2015
WoodsyGreen":fiyj64jh said:
Zero sympathy. He was onto a winner with a club going places but decided to run off home to his whippets.

WoodsyGreen...I enjoy reading your posts generally, someone who talks a lot of sense and knows his football but bit unkind to post that about Fadz without knowing the reason he wanted to go back up North. Taking into account what’s happening in the world at the moment he may well have decided to not sign for family reasons none of us know about......think your post has gone to far..

Aug 5, 2016
WoodsyGreen":ly94hm4a said:

Don't fans of all clubs think their club is great and going places?

If you are from Sheffield then Plymouth feels a long way away. No other English club is that far away from Sheffield. Every single away game, every time he has sat on a coach, has been shorter than the drive home from Plymouth to Sheffield. He may as well go and play for a team in Glasgow than sign back for Argyle. No need to take it so personally.

Fadz obviously figured there were enough League One and League Two clubs on his doorstep who could afford him and perhaps has miscalculated the Covid situation.

Maybe he has enough in savings to not be overly concerned for a few months, to get himself a club he wants to be at with a settled home life for the rest of his playing career. Who would begrudge him that?

I certainly don't wish ill on Fadz or his career. He always gave 100% for us, he came down on a 1-year contract to give it a go, gave his all, and obviously his young family decided it wasn't for them long term.

Jul 14, 2008
I wouldn’t say I have no sympathy for him but it does seem a bit daft to turn down a contract without having anything else on the table, particularly in the current climate where clubs are struggling financially. If he’s out of football for too much longer his recent achievements will be largely forgotten and he will end up back in non league. There certainly isn’t a shortage of players for league clubs to choose from.

Jun 27, 2019
Welwyn Pilgrim":auaj9krv said:
WoodsyGreen":auaj9krv said:

WoodsyGreen...I enjoy reading your posts generally, someone who talks a lot of sense and knows his football but bit unkind to post that about Fadz without knowing the reason he wanted to go back up North. Taking into account what’s happening in the world at the moment he may well have decided to not sign for family reasons none of us know about......think your post has gone to far..

Maybe I worded it a bit harshly - perhaps I hadn't had my coffee when I posted that.

I stand by the gist of my post, though, Welwyn, I think he's a daft bugger for turning us down. There was nothing in Ryan Lowe's various statements about him that suggested there were sensitive reasons behind him leaving. He wouldn't have gone into details, of course, but there wasn't even an inkling. It was just, "he hasn't signed yet, we're giving him a bit more time."

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
WoodsyGreen":205ut10r said:
Welwyn Pilgrim":205ut10r said:
WoodsyGreen":205ut10r said:

Maybe I worded it a bit harshly - perhaps I hadn't had my coffee when I posted that.

I stand by the gist of my post, though, Welwyn, I think he's a daft bugger for turning us down. There was nothing in Ryan Lowe's various statements about him that suggested there were sensitive reasons behind him leaving. He wouldn't have gone into details, of course, but there wasn't even an inkling. It was just, "he hasn't signed yet, we're giving him a bit more time."

Like I suggested, perhaps he simply wasn't that wedded to being a footballer and wants to forge a new career path. It's the most likely explanation because surely he could have signed for someone if he wanted to.

Aug 5, 2016
The Doctor":kt6n71bu said:
Perhaps he simply doesn’t want to be a footballer anymore.

I find that very hard to believe.

It is the only job he has ever done, a job he has had to work so hard for.

I can't think of many players who at the age of 26 with clubs at League One level wanting them, have turned away from the game. Usually that train of thought follows contractual uncertainty, and/or the absence of a contract offer.

I would say the curse of Covid, the insecurity of budgets and an absence of spare money has ruined all the plans he had in place to leave and relocate back north. Whatever deal him and his agent had agreed in whispers last Christmas, perhaps with a cushy signing on fee, has now evaporated.

And now most lower league clubs have spent their budgets and resorting to loaning 21 year olds, he is left out in the wilderness with a newborn baby and no money coming in.

I'd be amazed if he never played professional football again. Has anyone else ever done that, in demand and nearing the prime of their career?