Cocko sacked | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Cocko sacked

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm pretty sure Mansfield have been one of the bookies favourites for promotion for about 5 seasons running now, and they rarely even look close, despite splashing the cash.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
"Fresh leadership is now required to turn around our season.

"The process for a new manager is now underway. We will be guided by our chief executive, David Sharpe, and will take the necessary time to ensure that we appoint the right manager for Mansfield Town Football Club."

I love these sort of quotes. Begs the question as to what the process/thinking was when they appointed Cocko!? :think:

Aug 5, 2016
I remember Bristol Rovers were well up there in the League One when he left them. What might have been for his career if he hadn’t made that bizarre switch.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Knibbsworth":31v5difd said:
I remember Bristol Rovers were well up there in the League One when he left them. What might have been for his career if he hadn’t made that bizarre switch.

He moved to be nearer his family.

I can't imagine he's regretting that choice and Rovers did quickly fall apart after he left, maybe he knew the tides were about to turn.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Apparently his football is... industrial.

Maybe he can go to Southend and do a rescue job.

Aug 5, 2016
Willis88":2r6m6mpv said:
Knibbsworth":2r6m6mpv said:

I can't imagine he's regretting that choice and Rovers did quickly fall apart after he left, maybe he knew the tides were about to turn.

You don't think he is regretting that choice?

High and flying in League One with a smaller club, he is appearing on interview shortlists at Championship clubs. The right move from Bristol Rovers and he could be looking towards the Premier League.

The difference between his Rovers job and struggling at League Two level with a big budget club is huge. His CV has taken a massive dent.

He may not get a job in professional football management again. So I would say to leave Rovers for a short term job closer to home (when he has the ability to move his home) is probably a decision he regrets.

Derek Adams has achieved a lot more in the management game than Cocko and has found himself at Morecambe. Where is Cocko looking to get back into management from here, when he seems to be particularly connected with the Yorkshire area?

I would have thought looking at his options now, he wishes he never took that Mansfield job on.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
With the promise of good financial backing from the Mansfield Board together with his personal situation regarding his family, it was a good move for Cocko. Rovers were going very well at the time but they were unlikely to maintain that form over 46 games.

He didn't go to Mansfield thinking, what if this all goes wrong... You don't think like that.

He'll keep his head down for a little while, enjoy his stress-free time at home, wait until a suitable vacancy comes up and then jump back in to the firing line.

That's the nature of football management, particularly in the lower League's.

I wish him well.

May 8, 2011
Knibbsworth":14ycxs4p said:
Willis88":14ycxs4p said:
Knibbsworth":14ycxs4p said:

High and flying in League One with a smaller club, he is appearing on interview shortlists at Championship clubs. The right move from Bristol Rovers and he could be looking towards the Premier League.

The difference between his Rovers job and struggling at League Two level with a big budget club is huge. His CV has taken a massive dent.

He may not get a job in professional football management again. So I would say to leave Rovers for a short term job closer to home (when he has the ability to move his home) is probably a decision he regrets.

Derek Adams has achieved a lot more in the management game than Cocko and has found himself at Morecambe. Where is Cocko looking to get back into management from here, when he seems to be particularly connected with the Yorkshire area?

I would have thought looking at his options now, he wishes he never took that Mansfield job on.

If Coughlan has the same attitude for the job as Derek Adams does than it won’t matter what size or level of Club he goes to as he will just enjoy the challenge of Management. The only consideration on choice may be what he thinks of the ownership model and the owner(s).

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":i02b6gbc said:
Knibbsworth":i02b6gbc said:
Willis88":i02b6gbc said:
Knibbsworth":i02b6gbc said:

If Coughlan has the same attitude for the job as Derek Adams does than it won’t matter what size or level of Club he goes to as he will just enjoy the challenge of Management. The only consideration on choice may be what he thinks of the ownership model and the owner(s).
That's why Coughlan couldn't get out of Bristol quick enough.