Vaccine news. Why don’t we slow down the league programme? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Vaccine news. Why don’t we slow down the league programme?

Can’t pretend I’ve thought about this in depth, but in the light of this morning’s news I wonder if it makes sense to at least cancel all the mid-week games planned for this season, and stretch the season out to finish, say, mid-June, rather than the first Saturday in May.

If we have a vaccine possibly available to all in the first quarter next year, then surely the more games we can delay to then play in front of crowds later in the season, the better.

A lot of ifs and buts, but the economic impact could be substantial for all clubs. If for any reason the all-clear doesn’t arrive in time, then nothing is lost.

Aug 17, 2005
Merv whilst it not allow the season to be changed, I am hoping that once I have had the vaccination hopefully by April that I will be able to travel to the Philippines again. (all foreigners currently banned since start of endemic). Anyway maybe they will allow people in with social spacing etc once somebody has had the vaccination and get the clubs some income. You have your vaccination booklet you can show on entry to show your clear. Yes I have thought you would get people handing the booklet over to others so maybe some photographic ID will be needed as well.

signalspast":2dzxk2pp said:
Merv whilst it not allow the season to be changed, I am hoping that once I have had the vaccination hopefully by April that I will be able to travel to the Philippines again. (all foreigners currently banned since start of endemic). Anyway maybe they will allow people in with social spacing etc once somebody has had the vaccination and get the clubs some income. You have your vaccination booklet you can show on entry to show your clear. Yes I have thought you would get people handing the booklet over to others so maybe some photographic ID will be needed as well.

Me too. I have a son and his family in Sweden I’ve not seen for nearly a year, and I’m sure some form of vaccination proof will be necessary before we can travel again.