Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sheffield Weds job available - expect Lowe to be linked

Oct 10, 2012
Would imagine they’ll want a man with Championship experience.

Wouldn’t blame RL for putting his name forward mind

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
Wednesday fans expect someone's in line already and expect an announcement maybe as early as tomorrow which would rule Lowey out.
Expect them to go for an out of work manager which falls in with what I just said.
Paul Cook currently favourite at 13/8.
Other names mentioned include Nigel Pearson and Tony Pulis.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Saturday Service":2lb3c2k6 said:
Wednesday fans expect someone's in line already and expect an announcement maybe as early as tomorrow which would rule Lowey out.
Expect them to go for an out of work manager which falls in with what I just said.

Given the timing of it after results picked up slightly, it seems possible they have someone already in line to take over during the break.

Feb 5, 2006
Plymouth.
PlymOdi":q82zowp7 said:
Saturday Service":q82zowp7 said:

Given the timing of it after results picked up slightly, it seems possible they have someone already in line to take over during the break.

Totally agree.
Especially as it wasn't just Monk given the boot it was his entire back room staff as well.

German Shepherd

🚑 Steve Hooper
Oct 2, 2009
Fulwood Lancs
Carlo":1l37akd9 said:
Would imagine they’ll want a man with Championship experience.

Wouldn’t blame RL for putting his name forward mind

Won't they be needing a manager with League 1 experience ? :think:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
All depends now if Chansiri already has somebody lined up. There is strong support for Ryan Lowe and I would be surprised if he didn’t apply if applications were invited. That said, Nigel Pearson an ex-Wednesday legend is strongly supported, but he has previously stated he wouldn’t want the job as he still lives in the city and wouldn’t want his family to get the grief that comes with the territory. There was an article about him only this weekend saying he was suffering ill health, so not sure if he’s even able to take the job if offered. Paul Cook is also a favoured option too.

I think this will be by far the biggest test of Simon Hallett's persuasive talents if Ryan Lowe gets the chance to apply for this job. As we all know, he has got himself noticed over the last two years or so. Question is, would he be ready for the step up to what, however you look at it is a big championship club. We will know later today I guess, if Chansiri does his usual thing of putting Lee Bullen in temporary charge.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Can’t see it myself. Wednesday would be taking a hell of a gamble going for Ryan who, let’s face it, has no experience of managing a club their size and is still on the (upward) managerial learning curve. One look at Stoke’s disastrous appointment of Nathan Jones last season highlights the risk involved. Pulis would almost certainly save their season and keep them up - maybe that’s their main aim at the moment? :think: