Matt Macey | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Matt Macey

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Joining Hibs. I disliked the guy less than most of our fans I think, he wasn't THAT terrible imo, but some of the comments from Arsenal fans on twitter did make me laugh:

"If Matt Macey leaves, I'm done with Arsenal"

"The guy is huge in terms of his height and would have a bigger presence in the box"

"Let's hope we get at least 2 million for him"

Conclusive proof, if it was ever needed, that when your team is doing badly but you aren't playing, fans will wildly overrate you in desperation, forgetting how bad you were before.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
It's also a total myth that height automatically means you have more presence. Letheren had far more presence than Macey and he was significantly shorter. You achieve presence via communication, positioning and decision making more than you do simply being tall.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Let's hope for Hibs sake that he has improved from his time with us.

Easily one of the worst keepers I've seen in an Argyle shirt, I had a heart attack every time the ball went near the box.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was never impressed with Macey at Argyle and, clearly, he was not likely to reach the standard required for Arsenal.
I will watch his career at Hibernian with interest and would be happy to see him prove us all, apart from Justin, wrong.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
He had some game tonight v Celtic. Arsenal goalkeeper coach has clearly worked hard.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Confidence was his big issue. People forget that he actually had a decent first couple of months with us, before it went very badly downhill.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Just seen that Macey played for Hibernian in the Scottish Cup Final against St Johnstone today.
They lost 1-0 but he made a great double save from a penalty.