• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

VAR at Saints v Villa

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Perhaps two new lows for VAR? I thought the handball almost deserved a place on the greatest saves of all time behind Banksy in Mexico. And Danny Ings get caught offside because his armband in remembrance of John Mortimore had slipped off his shirt sleeve. Bin it now - it was never brought in to measure in millimetres and it still hasn't done anything to stop the pushing and wrestling in the box at set pieces.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
memory man":2dktwv6n said:
Perhaps two new lows for VAR? I thought the handball almost deserved a place on the greatest saves of all time behind Banksy in Mexico. And Danny Ings get caught offside because his armband in remembrance of John Mortimore had slipped off his shirt sleeve. Bin it now - it was never brought in to measure in millimetres and it still hasn't done anything to stop the pushing and wrestling in the box at set pieces.

I agree offside was never intended to be measured in millimetres but it had nothing to do with his armband. It is supposed to be taken from the line of the armpit, not his clothing although I am not sure how they can be that accurate. I say they should freeze the action and if they're unsure without lines then give the attacker the benefit of the doubt.

As for the hand ball. The law clearly states that if the ball deflects off another part of the body onto the arm then it isn't an offence. That clearly was the case so no penalty was the correct decision.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
As for the offside - if you can't legally score with the part of your body that is offside ... i.e. your arm, then maybe you shouldn't be offside? :think:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Pogleswoody":xcccrsh0 said:
As for the offside - if you can't legally score with the part of your body that is offside ... i.e. your arm, then maybe you shouldn't be offside? :think:
I would like to see either clear air between the attacker and the defender as the rule, or alternatvely use just the position of their feet.