Ipswich referee incident with Alan Judge | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Ipswich referee incident with Alan Judge

Cousin Pavlos

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 13, 2021
I’ve still barely forgiven him for his desperate “performance” at Coventry in August 2018 when he awarded them a penalty for the only goal of the game, sent off Ness and essentially spent the whole game strutting around as though it was him we’d paid to see. Second only in ineptitude to a certain Mr Cowburn at Oldham.... :roll:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
How can he continue to ref after that? Everything that we criticise in player's behaviour. He should have sent himself off!

Look at his expression as Judge walks up to him!!

Surely Judge's yellow needs looking at? And he sent an Ipswich player off after that incident? How can that stand?

Eagerly awaiting the Friends of Refs Forum posting to say that I don't understand.

Yellow/red can't be reviewed.

Ref can't be sent off.

It's tough in the centre, pogle with just your cold, hard whistle and the knowledge of your infallibility and godlike powers!!

Blah de blah de boredy blah!! :lol:

Pogleswoody":2n4krh7i said:
How can he continue to ref after that? Everything that we criticise in player's behaviour. He should have sent himself off!

Look at his expression as Judge walks up to him!!

Surely Judge's yellow needs looking at? And he sent an Ipswich player off after that incident? How can that stand?

Eagerly awaiting the Friends of Refs Forum posting to say that I don't understand.

Yellow/red can't be reviewed.

Ref can't be sent off.

It's tough in the centre, pogle with just your cold, hard whistle and the knowledge of your infallibility and godlike powers!!

Blah de blah de boredy blah!! :lol:

What a strange post. So full of confrontation and then dismissing any response as boring and not worth listening to.

Sep 25, 2010
Sorry you are not allowed to rush up to and surround the referee, referee just STOOD his ground.

Seen this countless times when two players confront each other.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Martyn":3w19nkx9 said:
Sorry you are not allowed to rush up to and surround the referee, referee just STOOD his ground.

Seen this countless times when two players confront each other.

He didn’t stand his ground, he took two steps towards Judge.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Needs to be sacked.

He's there to officiate nothing else.

Another ref' who can't understand he's not part of the entertainment.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I'm definitely not saying what he did was right, but don't we often criticise referees for not having any backbone and not standing up to intimidation from players?

D

Deleted member 9145

(I'm)Stranded":rncvw4qm said:
Mr Cowburn at Oldham.............remember it well :furious:

I was there, he sent off Wotts for taking a free kick too quickly, extraordinary!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":sh64zx0c said:
Needs to be sacked.

A player would get a three match ban but a referee should be sacked? If the player had accepted that the ref is there to officiate then there would be no incident.

C

Cult Of Personality

When i see people saying good on the ref for squaring up i cringe. The ref and his team should be above that . You dont see a rugby ref squaring up to a prop do you. They stand back watch what happens and then speak to people involved like adults but in a firm no answering back way.

What Drysdale did was inflame the situation and he should be sacked

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
I'm no way a ref supporter, but Alan Judge slipped and took out the player, he then got up waving his finger at the ref walking towards him.

I don't see anything wrong with the ref standing his ground or even walking towards him. The fact Judge is a midget didn't make it look as good as what Pierluigi Collina used to do all the time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Lundan Cabbie":pvik0ncr said:
IJN":pvik0ncr said:
Needs to be sacked.

A player would get a three match ban but a referee should be sacked? If the player had accepted that the ref is there to officiate then there would be no incident.

He's a 'personality ref' - Needs to be sacked.

Good refs need to be seen and not heard, he's the opposite of that. Probably a frustrated and crap player like most referees are. Should be booted out and given a VAR job (driving the van).

Mar 1, 2008
People saying the ref needs to be be sacked for that! :crazy: :lol:

Given what the players get away with... :facepalm: