Newport’s pitch | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Newport’s pitch

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently Newport have requested to play their home games away from Rodney Parade due to the state of the pitch. I think that’s quite frankly a joke.

I normally don’t like to see lower league clubs getting punished or fined etc, but how long are Newport going to get away with this?

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":1lsevxty said:
Apparently Newport have requested to play their home games away from Rodney Parade due to the state of the pitch. I think that’s quite frankly a joke.

I normally don’t like to see lower league clubs getting punished or fined etc, but how long are Newport going to get away with this?

What do you suggest they do as the only option would seem to be to relocate away from Newport permanently.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
HC Green":337147xp said:
Cobi Budge":337147xp said:

What do you suggest they do as the only option would seem to be to relocate away from Newport permanently.

Either invest in their pitch or receive some sort of punishment. Though in all fairness, I’m shocked that the EFL allow a club to share a pitch with two rugby teams.

Jul 12, 2016
Cobi Budge":33w6fd4v said:
HC Green":33w6fd4v said:
Cobi Budge":33w6fd4v said:

Either invest in their pitch or receive some sort of punishment. Though in all fairness, I’m shocked that the EFL allow a club to share a pitch with two rugby teams.
Why a punishment? Newport County are probably as fed up with the pitch as everybody else.

May 8, 2011
Cobi Budge":16w7sb11 said:
HC Green":16w7sb11 said:
Cobi Budge":16w7sb11 said:

They are tenants so they rely on the owners investing in the pitch which they have done but with this season being shortened both for football and rugby plus the wetter than normal winter pitches haven’t had time to recover between games. That is why they are playing matches in Cardiff to give the pitch some respite.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Does Newport get above average rainfall? I've been there three times to watch football and every time it has been absolutely hammering down.
(Or does the God of the Welsh just hate me?).

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
A lot of rain sweeps up the BristHole Channel Pogles, but it is mainly due to two rugby teams having priority over Newport County.

Those who periodically advocate that HP becomes the home of Albion as well as Argyle would be better remembering that pitch in Casnewydd.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Newport will certainly receive less rainfall than Plymouth. I’m with Cobi on this one. If a club can’t afford to lease/own/maintain an appropriate playing facility then they shouldn’t be competing at the level they are. Obviously there is scope to temporarily cut some slack in extreme circumstances but Newport have had pitch issues for years.