✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
I was thinking today about top teams failing to turn up this season.

Liverpool is an obvious instance - a team who haven't turned up this season. You can comment on the injuries but the season is the same for all. Over a year without losing at home and now six home loses on the trot.

Even bigger drop-offs are Celtic, who had the opportunity to win their 10th Premiership title on the trot but didn't turn up, especially for the old-firm derbies.

Then there is Juventus who aren't going to win the league in Italy this year having dominated for many years.

A bit like the England Rugby team, I believe the players in these teams thought all they had to do is turn up to win and have found out the hard way that you have to work hard for it.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":3lre8at8 said:
Does it indicate the influence of home supporters?

Not having home fans hasn’t hindered Rangers, won every home league game and only conceded 2 goals.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Celtic never had a good enough manager. Lennon was only supposed to step in as a caretaker but was awarded the full time role and because Rangers weren't in a position to challenge, he mopped up the trophies. Then when Rangers got their act together he was found out.

As for Liverpool, I just don't think they've approached this season with a title retaining mentality, they probably enjoyed it too much and they've lost that hunger. It's easier to be underdogs than champions.