Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams and Kevin Ellison today

Mar 8, 2016
Good on him, the way adams treated such a senior pro that had done so well for Morecambe is a disgrace. So glad he’s no longer the manager of our club.

Sep 7, 2006
Also, the number of former PAFC youth players who have liked the tweet of that footage probably tells its own story!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ellison was always good for banter whenever he visited Home Park, a good panto villain and always got a good reception from Argyle fans.
He was poorly treated at Morecambe and got his revenge today.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Army green":jwv0pjl8 said:
Good on him, the way adams treated such a senior pro that had done so well for Morecambe is a disgrace. So glad he’s no longer the manager of our club.

Perhaps that's why Derek booted him, he was far too 'senior'!

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
IJN":a14xfzzy said:
Army green":a14xfzzy said:

Ellison's version

Ellison was told to train with Morecambe’s youth team players each Saturday morning. When he asked Adams why he had taken a decision he considered to be disrespectful, “he brushed me away — I’d rather he’d admitted that he just wanted me out of the club in January.”

Three months slipped by. Ellison had gone from being one of the main players in the team, to taking over as manager, to getting frozen out of the squad. He picked up on how staff members were cooler with him in their conversations. Some players appeared reluctant to talk to him, “maybe because of what it might mean for them”.

He says he was mostly separated from the rest of the squad and trained a lot through this period alone at the gym in Lancaster University. “It was very isolating. I didn’t want any special treatment. I didn’t ask for any time off or anything like that. I wanted to train more, because I didn’t feel like I was doing enough.”

He became aware of loan approaches from non-League sides Hartlepool United and Chester but he is still unable to figure out why Adams did not tell him about them straight away because he might have made compromises to ensure they happened. Ellison says that when he confronted Morecambe’s manager the day before a game at Cheltenham Town in February, Adams admitted there had been inquiries but the interested clubs did not follow up with further calls to discuss payment plans around wages.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
IJN":1ukactf0 said:
Army green":1ukactf0 said:

V Neck wouldn't have liked someone from prior to his era being that popular around the place.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Raul 1":1h4pzux8 said:
Also, the number of former PAFC youth players who have liked the tweet of that footage probably tells its own story!

I bet DA is weeping to know that a few failed footballers liked a tweet...

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
jespafc":26wv482o said:
Raul 1":26wv482o said:

I bet DA is weeping to know that a few failed footballers liked a tweet...

I reckon Sean Higgins might be smiling tonight

Koala Green

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
✅ Evergreen
Mar 17, 2012
It is interesting to see what a turnaround job has done at Morecambe and you would assume he is motivating his players. But clearly how he treated a senior pro like Ellison seems wrong.

But can anyone in the know share what it is about Adam’s management style that so divides the players? It was clear he lost the Argyle dressing room but anyone know why?