Lionel Ainsworth takes aim at Derek | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lionel Ainsworth takes aim at Derek

Jan 31, 2010
Worcester
A thread on LinkedIn where a player who was previously frozen out by Derek is jeering towards him. Lionel Ainsworth follows the picture up with:

“I totally relate to this picture and can understand his frustrations, as-ironically it’s the same manager in the picture that I witnessed a lot of strange goings on with myself and many other players while being “managed” by that individual and his “staff”.

So this post I 100% understand, as well as draw on my own experiences having played the game for a long long time.

For any players reading this, going through this I am here to talk to if need be...”

Jun 27, 2019
The attempt to canonise Derek by a certain poster on here winds many up, but Ainsworth obviously has an axe to grind so this should be taken with a pinch of salt. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but if he wanted more gametime he should have performed better. He was bang average and has done nothing since leaving.

Sep 2, 2008
WoodsyGreen":376lmlg6 said:
The attempt to canonise Derek by a certain poster on here winds many up, but Ainsworth obviously has an axe to grind so this should be taken with a pinch of salt. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but if he wanted more gametime he should have performed better. He was bang average and has done nothing since leaving.

I agree. It seems to me that some players expect Adams to suck up to them and when he doesn't they throw their teddies in a corner. Ellison himself said that Adams didnt respect him and that was partly why he reacted as he did. Strikes me as some of the players bleating are just so full of themselves and think they are special and should be treated differently.

If Adams was so bad then why do so many players that played under him previously still go back and play for him.

What I think he does is make it very clear that the players do not call the shots and they are expected to do as asked and I reckon the ones that are so far up their own arses can't deal with that.

Aug 5, 2016
For Ainsworth it was two years of his short career wasted. He came down from Scotland and was never really given a chance.

He has a right to moan about Derek having been inside the dressing room with him, being a senior pro who has been around a few clubs. He knows how the professional game is and obviously didn’t think much of DA’s ways and there are clearly a few players out there who feel the same way.

Ainsworth knows more about the topic than anyone on here does.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
Really, really ???

18 clubs in 14 seasons- was he ‘frozen out’ at all the others too - or just maybe not good enough?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Hell of a nice guy and when he was here I thought he deserved a run in the team. Since leaving us he's had 3 teams in the National League South.

Feb 21, 2011
Knibbsworth":1ha840zv said:
For Ainsworth it was two years of his short career wasted. He came down from Scotland and was never really given a chance.

He has a right to moan about Derek having been inside the dressing room with him, being a senior pro who has been around a few clubs. He knows how the professional game is and obviously didn’t think much of DA’s ways and there are clearly a few players out there who feel the same way.

Ainsworth knows more about the topic than anyone on here does.

And Ainsworths view is that of one side of the argument, as i remember he was one of many pretty average players that never really lit a game up when he got on the pitch during the Adams era.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Wasn’t Ainsworth initially on a 1 year contract? It was odd that Adams decided to offer him another year despite him barely featuring.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Cobi Budge":7peggqit said:
Wasn’t Ainsworth initially on a 1 year contract? It was odd that Adams decided to offer him another year despite him barely featuring.

Yep, a classic example of Adams pleading poverty whilst peeing away his budget on players he instantly discarded.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
David Friio's mate":2h4s6dmz said:
Cobi Budge":2h4s6dmz said:

Yep, a classic example of Adams pleading poverty whilst pi$$ing away his budget on players he instantly discarded.
and how can we possibly forget the re-signing of greg wylde. :facepalm:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Cobi Budge":1dt4azvj said:

But if Ainsworth was so critical of Adams’s management why did he sign an extension to his contract? Perhaps it was an automatic add-on.