European Super League | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

European Super League

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
Sky News touting that an announcement about this could be imminent........................Saying it could include England's top six teams.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Shameless greed. What would fans of Chelsea, Man City, Man United and Spurs thought of this proposal when they were plying their trade in the 2nd and even the 3rd division in City's case not that long ago?

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
If these "super-six" teams want to bugger off and play in a league of their own, let them go and do so, but they should not be able to compete in domestic competitions at the same time. English football would be better off as the Premier League would be more of a level playing field without them. Unfortunately, these days, money talks so, it ain't going to happen.

Sep 25, 2010
Kick these 6 clubs out of the PL, today/tonight, fine them heavily.

These foreign owners don’t give a ‘flying f***, about British football.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Let them go.

Let them try and fail.

Ban the likes of Sky and other companies that support them.

About time the greed is kicked out of football.

It's the working man's game, not the rich man's toy.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Arsenal, Spurs and Manchester United are not even in this seasons Champions League! :lol:

Gary Neville has it right - foreign owners don't give a stuff about English traditions or history....
Video.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
It is clear that there is a calculation here that the revenues you get from selling a super league globally - the best against the best - significantly outweigh any benefit from your club being rooted in its locality. It is simply not the case that Man Utd or Real Madrid place any priority on a fan from Trafford or Chamartin or Salamanca over one from Beijing, Seoul or Kuala Lumpur. They could not care less where their dollar comes from other than making sure it is places that grow their market. Yet, sickeningly, they will still trade on tradition. The class of 96. The mystique of a Duncan Edwards. Munich, even. Selling their history by the pound. I’m honestly glad we have no exposure to that type of vomit inducing greed. I’ve never had any real interest in Argyle being a Prem Club. Let alone a global brand. It’s a horror show for anyone who grew up in those cities supporting their local club.

May 16, 2016
If it remains at a 12 Club closed League, then surely at some point it becomes .....well, pointless, and the interest might wane. Travelling to games becomes even more of a logistical challenge for both Club and Fans. Playing regularly against no more than 5 other English Clubs will lose it's attraction. Maybe the next step will be Rangers and Celtic being invited.

It's just another form of MLS, but at least they have expansion plans.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
Also, no surprise that it appears that the German clubs are not involved.

German football still seems to respect fans and keep it affordable for the masses.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
I would give them until Friday to commit to the Premier League (and therefore the pyramid structure of the English Football League). If they fail to commit kick them all out and Man City will not win the league, Chelsea won’t win the FA Cup, neither Spurs or City will win the League Cup, neither Arsenal nor Manure will win the Europa Cup and neither Chelsea or Man City will win the Chumps League.
Suits me.

Lev Yashin

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Aug 1, 2017
Canada
Just listened to Gary Neville and all I can say is that I totally agree with everything that the guy says.
Never let them play in English football again and as a true fan never watch or buy merchandise from them ever again.
Fines Take titles off them whatever the F. A. Wants to impose I would be in total agreement.
Also any media companies that are involved never give them any contracts to show real teams .
Also any British referees involved should also be barred for life from being part of this monstrosity.
Let’s hope that the old boys club at the FA grow a pair!

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Funny really isn't it.

These clubs have crossed a line, a line that was set by the FA, UEFA and FIFA months ago. They've pushed forward with the plans despite the threats.

Really time for those authorities to show their teeth. I doubt they will though.

There will be a capitulation of sorts and this will just roll on again next time they greedy 6 want more money.