Trouble at Old Trafford | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Trouble at Old Trafford

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Bring Man Utd and Liverpool down to Home Park tomorrow. We’ve got experience having done it before for Man Utd.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Protesters outside the Man U hotel. Why are the players in a hotel for a home match???

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
GreenThing":3jpqc86x said:
Protesters outside the Man U hotel. Why are the players in a hotel for a home match???

Saw a reference to the Liverpool Hotel too. Liverpool to Manchester is a quick trip along the M62 motorway! Shorter trip than HP to Sid James' Park!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Well done to the United fans. :clap:

It's OUR game, perhaps some owners need to remember this.

:scarf:

Sep 25, 2010
My little protest was to ban myself, from watching these ‘two’ teams on tv.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
IJN":2hz6hu3k said:

Sorry Ian but I can’t stick the hypocrisy of United Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool etc supporters banging on about this and yet will happily fork out fortunes to Sky Sports who continue to increase the gap between the haves and have nots.

I would happily wave goodbye to the United’s and Liverpool’s for a domestic competition less based on greed if Sky would sod off and fund the financial orgy of a European league. Maybe eventually we would get our game back.

I heard Dion Dublin saying football is a working mans sport? Forty years ago maybe, today I have about as much in common with a premier league footballer as I do with your average hedge fund manager ie nothing.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Larry David":1urbsfc4 said:
IJN":1urbsfc4 said:

Sorry Ian but I can’t stick the hypocrisy of United Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool etc supporters banging on about this and yet will happily fork out fortunes to Sky Sports who continue to increase the gap between the haves and have nots.

I would happily wave goodbye to the United’s and Liverpool’s for a domestic competition less based on greed if Sky would sod off and fund the financial orgy of a European league. Maybe eventually we would get our game back.

I heard Dion Dublin saying football is a working mans sport? Forty years ago maybe, today I have about as much in common with a premier league footballer as I do with your average hedge fund manager ie nothing.

Also the same group of supporters who throw their toys out of the pram if they've not hundreds of millions on a new player.

They want the Glazers out but will only accept another billionaire in replacement.

Just look at the Newcastle fans, they were more upset about the failed takeover as they hoped their new owners would but their way to the top, than getting rid of Mike Ashley.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Of course that want what best for their clubs, but they are now standing against people that simply don't understand the fundamentals of footie.

You can dissect what you want out if this, but they have been heard today. Good on 'em I say.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
IJN":w2yui9cc said:
Of course that want what best for their clubs, but they are now standing against people that simply don't understand the fundamentals of footie.

You can dissect what you want out if this, but they have been heard today. Good on 'em I say.

Fair enough I think they are a bunch of hypocrites looking for an excuse to attack the police which is a bit of a theme at the moment. But we all see things differently I guess?

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
IJN":1b5xu66n said:

Whilst I agree the industry needs to dispose of owners like the Glazers, and good on them for making that point, the bigger issue in the game is money.

There will always be the likes of the Glazers while fans pay silly money to Sky and demand silly money is paid for players.

It might be in the interest of their club but if the other 91 go bust there won't be a club to support.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
The fact they got into the stadium is hugely symbolic. It is telling people that it is their ground. Not the Glazers. Not anyone else’s. Theirs. They have a right to be there and be heard like generations of fans before them on whom the riches of these owner/exploiters have been built. Now I certainly do not like the petty vandalism or the attacks on the police. But these 6 owners have massively underestimated the depth of feeling from the average football fan. And these fans will be heard. Whatever the rights of wrongs of it, they have made an impact. And politeness hasn’t really worked over 16 years has it?They have said, loud and clear, that our souls are not for sale. Who is hearing is the key thing.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Well done to the Manchester United fans and this will happen at other clubs now. Fans want their game returned back to them.

The injuries to the police is totally wrong and it's always them who unfairly take the brunt in any protest.