• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

New Spurs Shirt - £105!!

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Not only is the new Spurs shirt £105....

It’s literally just a plain white shirt with a couple of badges and logos.

May 22, 2006
Agree with Cobi.

Yeah it's an outrageous rip-off, but you know 45,000 mugs are going to buy the thing and totally justify the club's behaviour. That's why I have absolutely no sympathy for football fans any more.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Most of us don't fit into the shirts that the players use anymore but even so, I have never understood why the pro fit shirts are more expensive than the standard ones. After all, the slim fit versions use less material. I can only assume these Elite Spurs shirts a different material as well as being a different fit.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
They do it because they can... selling multiple versions of basically the same product at different prices is a common tactic (coffee shops do it all the time).

The issue for the seller is that they don't actually know the amount their customers are prepared to pay for something and don't want to under-price their goods and so unnecessarily reduce their profit (or over-price and lose sales). By having essentially the same product available at different prices those customers who are willing to pay more can do so whilst the seller does not miss out on sales to those who cannot. The ones who pay more can justify their enhanced spend by basking in a feeling of financial superiority over the others, the ones who pay less still get the product and the seller makes more profit than if they had only sold the cheaper version. Everyone wins...

Jun 27, 2019
This thread is a little misleading. The £105 shirt is an 'elite' version that the players wear - you can buy similar versions of most big club's kits.

The regular version is £70 - still expensive but not far off what Argyle charge for theirs.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":c12q2osd said:
This thread is a little misleading. The £105 shirt is an 'elite' version that the players wear - you can buy similar versions of most big club's kits.

The regular version is £70 - still expensive but not far off what Argyle charge for theirs.
Argyle's are £28 cheaper, a huge difference.

Jun 27, 2019
Keepitgreen":kc2ltvtn said:
WoodsyGreen":kc2ltvtn said:

That simply reflects the vastly different status of the two clubs. My original point remains.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":1wrwk2ek said:
Keepitgreen":1wrwk2ek said:
WoodsyGreen":1wrwk2ek said:

That simply reflects the vastly different status of the two clubs. My original point remains.
Of course it does. That's why Argyle's prices are nowhere near Tottenham's.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
WoodsyGreen":10e41fp7 said:
Keepitgreen":10e41fp7 said:
WoodsyGreen":10e41fp7 said:

Just shows how much more Spurs fans are mugs over Argyle fans.

Just profiteering over fans they know will pay due to their loyalty to the club.