Reda Johnson sacked from Benin. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Reda Johnson sacked from Benin.

P

Plymbo

What's all this about! Benin have sacked all their players, including Reda Jonson. Can't imagine how they will get on in their next tournament.

R

Rupert

Link

This story has caused quite a stir in the football media since it broke at the end of last week. It needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, of course. The players are surely going to be forgiven for whatever they are supposed to have done by next September, when Benin resume competitive fixtures. I've been reading the Benin media over the weeked. The Benin FA are being slated for making fools of themselves and the country.

gil

Feb 22, 2008
But they obviously felt the the team did well enough to warrant an audience/reception with the President. :lol:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
gil":1lu7xsnc said:
But they obviously felt the the team did well enough to warrant an audience/reception with the President. :lol:

Perhaps the President was justifying his own existence and wanted to show off his own ceremonial uniform. Kudos seeking is not unknown amongst the African leaders!

R

Rupert

gil":ftspks5v said:

An event which I could find no reference to in the Benin media. Strangely. The president's other activities were dutifully well reported.

By the way, the title of this thread is guaranteed to attract attention from people who think Steve Lansdown has run out of patience...

:wink:

P

Plymbo

Rupert":1klotijz said:
gil":1klotijz said:

An event which I could find no reference to in the Benin media. Strangely. The president's other activities were dutifully well reported.

By the way, the title of this thread is guaranteed to attract attention from people who think Steve Lansdown has run out of patience...

:wink:

Oh dear; rumbled!! :wink: :wink:

N

nigelnoneck

Quintrell_Green":1pgt4uiy said:
gil":1pgt4uiy said:

Perhaps the President was justifying his own existence and wanted to show off his own ceremonial uniform. Kudos seeking is not unknown amongst the African leaders!

Not unlike the Windsor family.

Sep 20, 2003
Rupert":3b8qbx4z said:
Link

This story has caused quite a stir in the football media since it broke at the end of last week. It needs to be taken with a pinch of salt, of course. The players are surely going to be forgiven for whatever they are supposed to have done by next September, when Benin resume competitive fixtures. I've been reading the Benin media over the weeked. The Benin FA are being slated for making fools of themselves and the country.

You lead an exciting life Rupert.

R

Rupert

wozzer.":1qze0ftc said:
Rupert":1qze0ftc said:
Link

You lead an exciting life Rupert.

It's my job.

:roll:

It doesn't take long, though. Online translation devices see to that.

Here's the paper to read, by the way, for those who want to know what's going down in downtown Cotonou...

http://www.actubenin.com/

Nov 12, 2003
Moderators- why move this thread from the main forum ?

I love PASOTI and it's generally well run, but sometimes you moderators are too keen to fiddle around with posts.

This is an interesting post and i would never had learned about this story if I had not see it on the main board earlier.

If its current & interesting news, try keep it on the main board please !!

lunarjetman":3vqdwtff said:
Moderators- why move this thread from the main forum ?

I love PASOTI and it's generally well run, but sometimes you moderators are too keen to fiddle around with posts.

This is an interesting post and i would never had learned about this story if I had not see it on the main board earlier.

If its current & interesting news, try keep it on the main board please !!

I've started to make a point of reading posts that show up on the main board as 'moved', because they've usually got something interesting in them that relates to Argyle which isn't along the lines of the endless 'Chris Clark's carp', 'Rory Fallon's rebbish', 'why does everyone love Mackie when he's not that good' threads.

Sad but true.

That said, the Mods put hours of their own time into keeping this site going - it must be a thankless task at times, and probably not a massive queue of people ready to do it.