vidic | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

vidic

A

argyledj

how did he not get red carded, ok villa got a penalty but he was clearly the last man and should have gone, once again the big teams get all the decisions.

Mar 7, 2009
Completely agree.

The phrase 'bottled it' did it. It just proves Fergie is untouchable. The sooner he leaves United, the better.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Babararacucudada":1objveoy said:
I think the ref got it right and I am most certainly not a Manyooist of any kind.

It was a foul and it was a penalty ~ no question about that.

The "last man" thing is an irrelevance. It is "denying a goal scoring opportunity" that matters and Agbonlahor was not haring in on goal and was quite wide with plenty still to do to control the ball and beat the 'keeper.

It seems automatic now, almost, to send off anybody who concedes a penalty but not every foul stops a goal scoring chance.

By the "Vidic shoul've walked" reckoning how many times would Clarke Carlisle have been sent off on Saturday?

----------------
Now playing: Seth Lakeman - The Ballad of Josie

Spot on Babs.

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
Babs, you have been watching Argyle too much this season and forgotten what a goalscoring opportunity looks like :)

I think even if it is not a red, it is a yellow. Vidic then went on to rough-up the Villa players for the rest of the first half knowing he could get away with a yellow and still be on the pitch. As it happened he did pick up a yellow.

Regardless of the colour, not booking him at all was the crime. I can only think that the ref was a bit nervous - especially just having awarded a penalty so early in the game - and in the process just never got around to it.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Greenblooded1":3vz3qwsg said:
Looked a pretty good goal scoring "opportunity" to me.

Doesn't need to be an open goal to be a goal scoring opportunity does it?

That's how I saw it, with just the keeper to beat from the edge of the 18 yard box it seemed like a decent goal scoring opportunity to me!