Billy Davies responsible for climate change | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Billy Davies responsible for climate change

• Thread starter Gareth Nicholson
  • Start date
G

Gareth Nicholson

Whinge, whinge, whinge

Awww, is lickle Billy sad because he only spent £4million last summer on 9 new players?

What a distasteful man. And way to motivate your new signing, Billy. He's making it very easy for Nigel Doughty to hand him a P45 if he doesn't get promoted this season.

Another point: he's obviously playing the loan market very cannily but I do think the Football League should look at the issue of loans. OK, we've done well out of it, but paying a "large loan fee" to loan a player and then signing that player in the transfer window doesn't sound that ethical to me.

A

Anonymous

Odious little oik.

As a point of interest though Gareth, didn't we do exactly the same with Halmosi?

Haven't we also done the same with Cooper?

G

Gareth Nicholson

Washington":e6em1s44 said:
Odious little oik.

As a point of interest though Gareth, didn't we do exactly the same with Halmosi?

Yeah, and if everybody else is doing it, we should be too (sorry if that distresses people by bringing to mind a Cranberries album), but i think it needs looking at. Are we definitely buying Cooper then? Because, at present, it looks like we're being sold a pup there.

A

Anonymous

Gareth Nicholson":2jnt3rom said:
Washington":2jnt3rom said:
Odious little oik.

Yeah, and if everybody else is doing it, we should be too (sorry if that distresses people by bringing to mind a Cranberries album), but i think it needs looking at. Are we definitely buying Cooper then? Because, at present, it looks like we're being sold a pup there.

Don't ask me.

[In best Manuel fashion]

I from Barthelona, I know nothing!

:)

Nov 9, 2008
Gareth Nicholson":2peb1hlu said:
Whinge, whinge, whinge

Awww, is lickle Billy sad because he only spent £4million last summer on 9 new players?

What a distasteful man. And way to motivate your new signing, Billy. He's making it very easy for Nigel Doughty to hand him a P45 if he doesn't get promoted this season.

Another point: he's obviously playing the loan market very cannily but I do think the Football League should look at the issue of loans. OK, we've done well out of it, but paying a "large loan fee" to loan a player and then signing that player in the transfer window doesn't sound that ethical to me.

He wanted to improve his squad in January to push for promotion, he wasn't allowed to by a board. That sound familiar for things certain people on here have crucified Paul Stapleton for? But when Billy Davies complains, it's him in the wrong.

Aug 22, 2006
mde203":3rd4odiq said:
Gareth Nicholson":3rd4odiq said:
Whinge, whinge, whinge

He wanted to improve his squad in January to push for promotion, he wasn't allowed to by a board. That sound familiar for things certain people on here have crucified Paul Stapleton for? But when Billy Davies complains, it's him in the wrong.

He has spent over 4 million AND players wages (which won't be 4k a week, probably quadruple that amount!)

We never spent nowhere near that amount on transfer fees and wages and we sold (well we thought at the time) 7 million pounds worth of talent.
This is my point about these types of managers (Curbishley, Jewell, Warnock even) - I mean he is very good at getting teams promoted but needs the budgets, otherwise he can't do it. He, like others start having hissy fits to cover their backs, so when they end up 5th and lose out in the play-offs they can point out to lack of January investment.
Stapleton would have had to be a bit more careful I suppose because of attendances which are always fairly healthy at Forest.

G

Gareth Nicholson

mde203":aem49r8f said:
Gareth Nicholson":aem49r8f said:
Whinge, whinge, whinge

There's a subtle difference here (well, I don't think it's that subtle, but there you go). Billy Davies is an employee of Nottingham Forest FC. People who post on Pasoti are fans.

greenpig27

Jam First
Aug 16, 2005
plymouth
Peter_dout":6jp62xoz said:
MAZZA26":6jp62xoz said:
mde203":6jp62xoz said:
Gareth Nicholson":6jp62xoz said:
Whinge, whinge, whinge

He has spent over 4 million AND players wages (which won't be 4k a week, probably quadruple that amount!)

We never spent nowhere near that amount on transfer fees and wages and we sold (well we thought at the time) 7 million pounds worth of talent.
This is my point about these types of managers (Curbishley, Jewell, Warnock even) - I mean he is very good at getting teams promoted but needs the budgets, otherwise he can't do it. He, like others start having hissy fits to cover their backs, so when they end up 5th and lose out in the play-offs they can point out to lack of January investment.
Stapleton would have had to be a bit more careful I suppose because of attendances which are always fairly healthy at Forest.

The attendances alone wouldn't be able to sustain Forest, Nigel Doughty is essentially bank-rolling all of this, whereas of course Paul Stapleton put very little of his own money into the club, which he has since got back at a fairly substanstial profit.

And do you really think that Paul Stapleton has/had anywhere near enough money to throw away ?

You and others seem to want to crucify PS because he is NOT extremely
wealthy !?

Sad.