Chester RIP | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Chester RIP

A

andyr1963

The first of many in the next year or so?
Case 21021 in London High Court Chester City Football Club officially ceased to exist. This seasons record in the conference will be wiped. 120+ years of football history, gone.
A very sad day.

A

Anonymous

andyr1963":34x0idjr said:
The first of many in the next year or so?
Case 21021 in London High Court Chester City Football Club officially ceased to exist. This seasons record in the conference will be wiped. 120+ years of football history, gone.
A very sad day.

Very sad RIP chester

Mar 7, 2009
The 126-year-old club, who were kicked out of the Football Conference on 26 February, owed HM Revenue & Customs Ā£26,125 in unpaid taxes.

Such a shame. They have gone out of business because they owed absolute peanuts in football terms.

Ronaldo probably earned that in what? Just under a day..

A shocking thing to happen.. Just Ā£50 from each premiership player's wages for one week, absolutely nothing to them.. But for Chester, it meant survival.

Awful thing to happen, but saying that.. They've had their warnings, and they've had time.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
spoons":3d6g00k0 said:
Wonder if they will reform and start again?

Was a good away trip with an excellent selection of pubs.
At one game i was one number away from winning their half time 50/50 draw.
I was rushing from their supporters bar to catch the start of the match and only bought 1 ticket. If i'd had spent Ā£! and bought two i'd had won the dosh :cry:
Sad day.

pilgrim_pete":xvd19s9p said:
The 126-year-old club, who were kicked out of the Football Conference on 26 February, owed HM Revenue & Customs Ā£26,125 in unpaid taxes.

Such a shame. They have gone out of business because they owed absolute peanuts in football terms.

A shocking thing to happen.. Just Ā£50 from each premiership player's wages for one week, absolutely nothing to them.. But for Chester, it meant survival.

Awful thing to happen, but saying that.. They've had their warnings, and they've had time.

In Chesters case its a little more deep-seated than that. They are run by a completely inept family who evidently are clueless and bordering on criminal in the way they run businesses.

I agree with the sentiment though, and Chester is a great city, I have had a couple of really enjoyable weekends up there following Argyle.

But of course they will rise again one day. Chester is also a very wealthy city so they shouldnt be short of well-off backers.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
āœ… Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
Auction Winner šŸ‘Øā€āš–ļø
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
Nov 26, 2006
spoons":27z6jb2p said:
Numbers:-

Peter Storey's weekly wage at Portsmouth Ā£26,923 (Ā£1.4M/52)

Chester City wound up after 120 years for Ā£26,125

And that is the biggest problem our beautiful game faces, its now a business not a sport, sad times and I doubt chester will be the last.

A

Anonymous

Once got hit on the head by a housebrick in Chester. :twisted:

WHO"S HAD THE LAST LAUGH YOU FAT GIT?

There, I feel much better after that release.

Far too many teams in that area in any case.

:mrgreen:

cheshiregreen

āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Chancellor":2s7srelu said:
pilgrim_pete":2s7srelu said:

In Chesters case its a little more deep-seated than that. They are run by a completely inept family who evidently are clueless and bordering on criminal in the way they run businesses.

I agree with the sentiment though, and Chester is a great city, I have had a couple of really enjoyable weekends up there following Argyle.

But of course they will rise again one day. Chester is also a very wealthy city so they shouldnt be short of well-off backers.

Two really stick in my mind.

1) Very early in Luggy's reign - drew 1-1 in the Cup. We were a real shambles then - 100 hundred times worse than today's club, disorganised and with very average players - think it was his 2nd game in charge.

2) Dwight Marshall getting injured by one of our fans who jumped on him when he joined in Dwight's goal celebration. It wasn't that funny at the time, but, with hindsight, there is, I suppose, an amusing element to it.

Although like at football clubs everywhere, there are some real fanatical supporters who are devastated by this, I am not convinced the community as a whole really cares. Sad times - has anyone blamed Bobby Williamson yet :lol:

C

Cult Of Personality

I would not laugh at Chester

It could be us in the next few years

G

Greenskin

IJN":apirn4f8 said:
Once got hit on the head by a housebrick in Chester. :twisted:

WHO"S HAD THE LAST LAUGH YOU FAT GIT?

There, I feel much better after that release.

Far too many teams in that area in any case.

:mrgreen:

Was that when our coach got stuck on a roundabout outside the ground and various missiles were aimed towards the windows by youths who appeared from a side street? Also remember a guy getting punched as he was getting on the coach and a demo against the chairman and manager after the game,Argyle won 3-0,when Moncur was boss,i think.Quite an eventful day,really.Anyway,their demise must have been caused by Bobby during his tenure at the club.Obvious,innit.

L G

ā™£ļø PACSA Member
āœ… Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
:lol: The Dwight incident :lol:
He scores, comes running towards the away end in celebation, excited fan jumps over wall to celebrate with him and promptly slips on his arse and hitting Mr Marshall 'in the box'.
:lol:
Oh and Ian...is that why you always wear your hat?

C

Connor Clarke

Its always sad to see a football club go.
Even if its Exeter, its still bad for the sport.

But finance has become an issue this day and age and you just wonder who is next in line?

Its a real sad moment for football.

We have minute's silences for people- why not clubs?