David Beckham out of WC | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Beckham out of WC

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Picked up a foot/ankle injury tonight, probably a broken bone or torn achilles. Hope it's not as bad, will be a big loss to the WC squad.

Mar 7, 2009
MOTD 2 just said Beckham got injured in the closing stages of his AC Milans game this weekend.

He turned to the bench and said 'It's broken, it's broken'

Reports suggest he's torn his achilles..

If true, that's the world cup over for him, forever.

Massive shame, still our best right winger by a mile. Give me Becks over Lennon, Walcott, SWP or BWP :wink:

Such a shame, hope it's not as bad as feared.

A

andyr1963

Great sadness. What could have been, at the VERY least the first English player to go to FOUR World Cups, therefore the chance to be the first English player to score in four World Cups. Theo Walcott it is then creating and scoring from the right. :grin: SWP can stop at home and watch it with the rest of us. :grin:

Jul 5, 2008
Plymuff, innit!
This World Cup is going to be all about pace, getting in behind defenders; Beckham doesn't offer us that and he was VERY ordinary when I've watched him for AC Milan this season on ESPN.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like him in the squad, for sure, but only as an impact player at best.

Maybe this could open the door for Johnson of Man City - he's looked quality when I've seen him play this season. I know he's left footed, but has played alot on the right and offers the versatility of operating on both wings.

A

Anonymous

A huge loss to the England team and an excellent experienced player to have within the camp.
You have to feel sorry for him.

England's World Cup campaign has already had a lot of off the pitch problems over the last few months, we always seem to go to a World Cup with these problems.

P

Paul_Roberts

Very sad news. A fantastic servant for his country and - beneath all the celebrity b*llocks - a genuinely top bloke.

However, I'm not convinced that this is bad news for England. Beckham has played in five major tournaments for England and - despite the fact that he's usually been superb in qualifying for them - he's been an unequivocal disappointment in each of those tournaments (France 98 was probably his best in an England shirt, but that will forever be remember for the Simeone kick).

Without the Beckham celebrity sideshow, I think England can thrive now and I'm even more optimistic about our chances.

Walcott, SWP, Johnson, Milner, Lennon (when fit), even Ashley Young... we've got plenty of options. Don't let the media fool you into thinking this has created a crisis!

M

MylesPAFC

Capello wouldn't have started him anyway, but there goes one of our best players. Feel sorry for him, he was in tears when he got stretchered off.

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
One less issue to worry about for Mr Capello then.

Never going to be a starter but might have been handy for expeirence or just incase one of our younger/pacet wingers failed to deliver the goods expected.

I know there is some debate over Beckham because of the PR cirucs that follows him and I am sure he loves the attention but personally though whilst not always playing that well gave his all for England.

A chance for somebody else to become the next England hero...

Lets just hope Mr Rooney stays injury-free!!!!

C

Cult Of Personality

i am gutted for becks but

it does give young players a chance to shine with out the shadow of becks behind them

we got alot of options in that side aswell

with young walcott milner swp and if lennon can get back to fitness

its if we lose rooney that it becomes a crisis