Phil Brown "relieved of duties" at Hull. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Phil Brown "relieved of duties" at Hull.

A

Anonymous

Pointless.

Anyway, shouldn't that be on "sun-tan leave"? :)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":2upjenph said:
Pointless.

Anyway, shouldn't that be on "sun-tan leave"? :)

Absolutely. In fact Hull battled well against Arsenal and they were unlucky to lose by a score deep into injury time. I wonder who the new 'expert' manager will be in order to save the Club from relegation. I do not think Brown will suffer too much from this experience. He has the know how to get a tean out of the CCC and I am sure there will be clubs queuing for his services in time.

A

Anonymous

Was always gonna happen after another bust up between players

M

MylesPAFC

Why have the put him on gardening leave, how long left is there in his contract ? He is the best man for the job even if they do get relegated, he picked them up when they were battling against relegation and got them promoted, he is a quality manager !

A

Anonymous

Never really went right for him after humiliating his players during that half time team talk on the pitch.

Teams like Hull will struggle to get up again if relegated so they need to do all they can to try and avoid the drop. With the money in the top flight these days then surely a change of manager to improve results is worth the gamble for them.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
crownhillpilgrim":15p5t9mi said:
3 points adrift of safety with 9 games to go in their 2nd full season in the Premier League. They should build a statue to the man.

2_banks_of_four":15p5t9mi said:
Never really went right for him after humiliating his players during that half time team talk on the pitch.

Teams like Hull will struggle to get up again if relegated so they need to do all they can to try and avoid the drop. With the money in the top flight these days then surely a change of manager to improve results is worth the gamble for them.

I think I agree with both those statements. His achievement in getting promoted, staying there a season and still being in with a good shout of staying up (especially after a pretty good performance against the Arse) is something to be proud of. Having said that he has shown some crass mis-judgements and perhaps there is stuff going on behind the scenes. Not a particularly likeable bloke IMO – and I wouldn’t be jumping through hoops, despite his record, if he came to us (which he wouldn’t). It wouldn’t surprise me if his career is all downhill now and the last couple of seasons are seen as a bit of a blip.

A

Anonymous

Babararacucudada":1bguu0cu said:
Jethro":1bguu0cu said:
Was always gonna happen after another bust up between players

Did you see the press conference he and Boateng gave the other day?

They both treated the Bullard/Barmby bust-up as a big joke. Not the wisest approach

Yeah I did you could say that was the final nail in his coffin

L

Liam Birch

Green_Bubble":3q2qt6xh said:
Babararacucudada":3q2qt6xh said:
He's only ever had 1 good season as a manager really or maybe 2 if you count keeping Hull up last year.

Keeping Hull up was an amazing achievement as was getting them promoted. I can't stand the guy, but, he has had very few seasons as a manager and in those two seasons he excelled.

He was crap at Derby though.