Not-so-sweet FA | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Not-so-sweet FA

G

Gareth Nicholson

That's a rum old do over at Soho Square.

Strikes me that the recently-resigned Chief Exec was found out very quickly by the vested interests as not being prepared to kowtow to the demands of the Premier League. Good for him, too.

The media-tipped list of potential replacements are not promising. The FA needs to be headed at executive level by someone who can set policy for the game at every level from amateur to international.

Dave Richards. Gill? Edelman? Dein? Not on yer nelly!

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
The conflict between the Premier League and the FA must make for the position of the CEO of the FA to be untenable.

This really needs to be sorted out - the PL is basically ruining English football. No amount of hiring of commercial CEOs is going to change this.

We need to renegotiate that relationship and the PL needs to acknowledge that it needs a fruitful working (and financial) relationship with the League clubs.

PS - Triesman is the Chairman, Watmore was the CEO.

PPS - According to 5 Live last night Dave Richards (Chair of the PL) is the problem and not part of the solution.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Liffrok":19bx7t25 said:
Peter Ryan":19bx7t25 said:
The conflict between the Premier League and the FA must make for the position of the CEO of the FA to be untenable.

This really needs to be sorted out - the PL is basically ruining English football. No amount of hiring of commercial CEOs is going to change this.

We need to renegotiate that relationship and the PL needs to acknowledge that it needs a fruitful working (and financial) relationship with the League clubs.

PS - Triesman is the Chairman, Watmore was the CEO.

PPS - According to 5 Live last night Dave Richards (Chair of the PL) is the problem and not part of the solution.

Is he the one that nearly bankrupted Sheffield Wednesday a few years ago?
Richards

G

Gareth Nicholson

Liffrok":2314a6f3 said:
Is Lord Triesman still kicking around? He seemed to have some decent ideas when he was first appointed, whether he actually followed through with them or not I don't know......

He is indeed. I suspect from what I've read that Triesmann is as annoyed as Watmore about the concerted attempts to sideline the FA from the game.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Perhaps someone could recomend a member of parliment for the post, after all they have experience of bending rules to suit themselves. They aparantly have experience at acecpting bungs. :) :) :)