Why does football attract rats?? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why does football attract rats??

Feb 8, 2009
The fans ... I'd say at least if not more than 50% of football fans are rats. At Argyle yesterday the amount of idiots around me was pretty depressing, made me reflect on the type of people in football. Also the players, let's be honest, alot of them are pathetic individuals. Also the young budding stars of today's game, youth players etc, I'd guess that at least half of them are total jerks. Why is it like this?? Sad stuff.

Feb 8, 2009
greeneagle":mwbda0w7 said:
Sounds rather harsh.

I'd say tribalism and money, (states the obvious :) ), as always, have a lot to do with both of your points.

Tbh I don't think I'm being too harsh. Most fans and players are jerks IMO.

Apr 15, 2008
London
If you're talking about would-be hard nuts - young men in bad leisurewear who swear too much and smell of beer, then I think you're being unfair. At the match yesterday (and travelling to the match where I passed fans of Argyle, Watford, Villa and even Chelsea), the overwhelming majority seemed like decent, hard working folks, barely a boot boy amongst them. You may be standing in the wrong part of the ground.

On the other hand, I will agree that football fans are overwhelmingly unfit and badly dressed. :lol:

Apr 15, 2008
London
CoulsdonGreen":254eawrm said:
greeneagle":254eawrm said:
Sounds rather harsh.

I'd say tribalism and money, (states the obvious :) ), as always, have a lot to do with both of your points.

Tbh I don't think I'm being too harsh. Most fans and players are jerks IMO.

And how many players have you actually met (rather than just read about in the Sun)?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
Maybe you ended up in the middle of the coach(not club transport) load of sub primate Argyle 'fans' who attend a lot of matches. On the couple of times I have had the misfortune to end up near them it totally ruined my match day experience. Not to mention that I got hit by a brick which they were inciting someone into throwing,while I was on my way to ST Marys.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Tavypilgrim":1ilzc76h said:
Maybe you ended up in the middle of the coach(not club transport) load of sub primate Argyle 'fans' who attend a lot of matches. On the couple of times I have had the misfortune to end up near them it totally ruined my match day experience. Not to mention that I got hit by a brick which they were inciting someone into throwing,while I was on my way to ST Marys.

I always make my own way, so generally encounter fans in pairs or in small groups.

Sorry you had a bad experience (aside from the match itself)... I don't think you could get me on a coach full of football fans if you paid me and promised me a 10-0 win.

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
crownhillpilgrim":ms2s914y said:
Tavypilgrim":ms2s914y said:

I always make my own way, so generally encounter fans in pairs or in small groups.

Sorry you had a bad experience (aside from the match itself)... I don't think you could get me on a coach full of football fans if you paid me and promised me a 10-0 win.

Official club transport is okay, although I admit nowadays I prefer to drive. On this occasion all the coaches had to park in one small car park a distance from the ground so unfortunately we had little choice but to walk as a large group. This one shabby coach unloaded its passengers and it was enough to make you ashamed to be associated with Argyle. What surprised me the most was their willingness to taunt and yell abuse at people there to watch the same team as them.

That said for every bad experience there have been at least 5 good ones, can't help thinking though that if that had been my first away match it would have definitely been my last.

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
I had a pleasant experience at Watford sat in front of a total looney who simply repeated the phrase "Duguid is a c-word" 3 times a minute for the whole match, like a 5 year old who has just learnt a new swear word