For anyone between 28 and 40

G

Gareth Nicholson

Yes, it's the complete Panini Italia 90 sticker album

My highlights:

Giuseppe Bergomi's 'you lookin at ma pint?' stare

the Austrian collection of A-grade mullets

Scotland, the smiliest team in the world (before Costa Rica beat them),

the Colombian keepers (aka the Hair Bear Bunch)

Eduardo Pereira, Uruguay's keeper, or bassist in any late 60's acid rock band

Rocky Rocastle (RIP) looking suspiciously at the Waddler, who can't make eye contact

Ireland - Millwall, Swindon and Bournemouth players at the World Cup. Surely that's a first.

EDIT- oh, and it's missing two of the stars of the tournament. Can you guess who?

Ah, brings back golden memories.

May 22, 2006
God almighty was that 20 years ago already? I had that album. Roger Milla's missing.

Had terrible trouble figuring out who qualified from the group stages. I think I had to get mum to work it out for me.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Remember it very well indeed.
A rather emotional world cup for me.
Spent all of the tournament at home watching the games with me dad.
My mates thought i didn't like them or something!
Wasn't sure why i'd done it though, just enjoyed his company for the first few matches and we just carried on for the rest of the tournament.
Within a couple of weeks of the final he died.
20 years ago, half of my lifetime (so far).
Miss you dad :cry:

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
Ancelotti, Vialli, Mancini, McLeish, McCall, Pearce, Robson, Gullit, McCarthy, O'Leary and Hughton have since managed in the Premier League

May 2, 2007
seaton
Roger Milla and the Italian Centre forward who ended up as top scorer are both missing, Scillori (wrong spelling but I sure Gareth will correct me!!!)
Great World Cup with a fantasic opening match, Cameroon beating Argentia despite having two men sent of for the most blatant fouls ever !!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
RCC Green":2sdstau1 said:
Roger Milla and the Italian Centre forward who ended up as top scorer are both missing, Scillori (wrong spelling but I sure Gareth will correct me!!!)
Great World Cup with a fantasic opening match, Cameroon beating Argentia despite having to men sent of for the most blatant fouls ever !!!

Toto Schillaci

May 2, 2007
seaton
Emu":2vec56of said:
RCC Green":2vec56of said:
Great World Cup with a fantasic opening match, Cameroon beating Argentia despite having to men sent of for the most blatant fouls ever !!!

Toto Schillaci

Thats the boy!!!

Never heard of him since, sure someone paid good money for him only for him to sink without trace!!

H

hicky4

Zamora is going to be our Schillaci!

Burst on the scene from nowhere - score goals win the World Cup then back to obscurity - you read it here first :)

Jun 28, 2006
Plymouth
RCC Green":1haxyvwi said:
Great World Cup with a fantasic opening match, Cameroon beating Argentia despite having two men sent of for the most blatant fouls ever !!!

I was just thinking the same.

There was an African guy that worked in a burger van stationed on Union Street who would betray his roots by shouting CAMEROOOON! from the serving hatch. Top bloke.

Sep 13, 2003
Think David Rocastle has one eye on the present, one eye on the future in that photograph.

The Colombian goalkeepers look like werewolves!

C

Cult Of Personality

hicky4":2c01rhvb said:

Burst on the scene from nowhere - score goals win the World Cup then back to obscurity - you read it here first :)

Hey Toto is a legend in italy he won there version of big brother

G

Gareth Nicholson

hicky4":26wl10t3 said:

I don't think Bobby has the, er, friends that Schillaci did.

Apr 15, 2008
London
hicky4":p7j39tn4 said:

Anyone who wins the World Cup for us (as if!) will not be sinking into obscurity - they'll be on every UK TV show from now until doomsday.