Lucky people..Brizzle has a screen for WC | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lucky people..Brizzle has a screen for WC

O

oggyale

I see the good folk of Brizzle get to watch the WC footy in the fresh air. I bet that does their 2018 bid the World of good? (like if it all goes well,and without incident/s etc).

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/

Jul 7, 2006
Bristol
Queens Square is a nice spot, but it's nowhere near as good for a Fanfest as the Hoe is. Wasn't there a big screen on the Hoe for the 2002 World Cup?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
GreenBath":1ocjr8u9 said:
Queens Square is a nice spot, but it's nowhere near as good for a Fanfest as the Hoe is. Wasn't there a big screen on the Hoe for the 2002 World Cup?

I think there was one at a tournament recently. Weren't all the 2002 matches at about 6 in the morning though?

Tavypilgrim":2g1mtfz2 said:
GreenBath":2g1mtfz2 said:

I think there was one at a tournament recently. Weren't all the 2002 matches at about 6 in the morning though?

PCC have refused to allow the big screen to be used for Footy on police advice. They are however showing wimbleon. A complete disgrace in my opinion. The majority would behave well. I am suprised the club haven't come up with something to be honest.

May 22, 2006
mrrapson":1gdrjkmu said:
PCC have refused to allow the big screen to be used for Footy on police advice. They are however showing wimbleon. A complete disgrace in my opinion. The majority would behave well. I am suprised the club haven't come up with something to be honest.

This from a city that wants to host world cup matches. What a brilliant endorsement of the people of Plymouth.

Jul 7, 2006
Bristol
Tavypilgrim":27spmhtb said:
GreenBath":27spmhtb said:

There was one, but I can't remember which tournament I thought it was the 2002 England vs. Argentina match I watched up there?

Jan 2, 2005
Plymouth
GreenBath":1m3lypvg said:
Tavypilgrim":1m3lypvg said:
GreenBath":1m3lypvg said:

There was one, but I can't remember which tournament I thought it was the 2002 England vs. Argentina match I watched up there?

I'm pretty sure I watched the 1-0 win via a Beckham penalty on the hoe

O

oggyale

Andrew Owen":3bj9fd92 said:
mrrapson":3bj9fd92 said:

This from a city that wants to host world cup matches. What a brilliant endorsement of the people of Plymouth.

Exactly.

You would have thought that the powers that be would undertake a dry run for this WC,and the 2014 WC to gauge what impact it would have on Town,and the surrounding areas.

Sep 13, 2003
Highly unlikely Plymouth will take part in a dry run for the 2014 World Cup, not with matches starting at midnight....

It is a shocking decision by PCC and D&C police not to show games on big screens in the City.

O

oggyale

Clarke_B":1uyzf4bh said:
Highly unlikely Plymouth will take part in a dry run for the 2014 World Cup, not with matches starting at midnight....

It is a shocking decision by PCC and D&C police not to show games on big screens in the City.

Ah,right. Forgot the next WC is in Brazil.

C

Cult Of Personality

Well this is what happens under a tory council they show the middle class sport in tennis and screw the working class and something people will actually turn up and watch

tennis and Wimbledon can shove there pimms and strawberrys up there middle class asses

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
crickeypafc":2l4gubdw said:
Well this is what happens under a tory council they show the middle class sport in tennis and screw the working class and something people will actually turn up and watch

tennis and Wimbledon can shove there pimms and strawberrys up there middle class asses

Surely there's nothing stopping you from turning up and watching the tennis in exactly the same way, and with exactly the same refreshments, as you would if you were watching a World Cup match on the big screen. Or will PCC be forcing everyone who watches the tennis to eat strawberries and drink Pimms?

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
The Doctor":398q4e4p said:
crickeypafc":398q4e4p said:

Surely there's nothing stopping you from turning up and watching the tennis in exactly the same way, and with exactly the same refreshments, as you would if you were watching a World Cup match on the big screen. Or will PCC be forcing everyone who watches the tennis to eat strawberries and drink Pimms?

The problem is that even a large quantity of drink doesn't make tennis even remotely interesting for most people. Therefore it is unlikely that they will.

Apr 19, 2006
near Aberdeen
Andrew Owen":h65f4rw4 said:
mrrapson":h65f4rw4 said:

The other message it gives out is that the police cannot cope with the security to organise a big screen to show one footy match beamed in from SA. How on earth are they going to cope regarding security with Plymouth being an actual venue?

Nov 23, 2009
Madras
crickeypafc":whc0685l said:

Does the term 'on Police advice' not mean anything to you then?