Heskey | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Heskey

Sep 13, 2003
I know this is going to be very controversial but despite Heskey's good performance today, what happens when no-one else plays well around him....? If Rooney is off colour, who else is going to score?

Look at the chance he had...clean though, and he had the touch of a paraplegic elephant when it came to scoring.......

We all appreciate his contribution but he should have scored when clean through. Even Trigger would have done better. 8)

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Clarke_B":21meecfx said:
I know this is going to be very controversial but despite Heskey's good performance today, what happens when no-one else plays well around him....? If Rooney is off colour, who else is going to score?

Look at the chance he had...clean though, and he had the touch of a paraplegic elephant when it came to scoring.......

We all appreciate his contribution but he should have scored when clean through. Even Trigger would have done better. 8)

He was one of our better players and set up our only goal.

SWP missed a sitter, as we did other good chances.

Gerrard & Lampard = going nowhere. Lets hope Barry is back soon, Gerrard to play an attacking role, Joe Cole & Lennon to swap wings & mix it up.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
Clarke_B":2klysgoq said:

Rooney had a shocker until the last 20mins but i think we have the ability to score throu out the team especially in midfield .
Heskey had a decent game , but thats as far as it goes ........... i personally dont rate him but i will support him whilst hes in an England shirt , even the Paraguay goalkeeper has scored more international goals then Heskey and im sure he knows the offside rule as Heskey obviously doesnt.
As for the one on one chance with only the keeper to beat .......... he did better then i thought because at least he hit the target as i was expecting a blast over the bar .............. why didnt that chance fall to Rooney,gerrard or lampard.

Aug 22, 2006
greenmarc":v7jp78nx said:
Clarke_B":v7jp78nx said:

Rooney had a shocker until the last 20mins but i think we have the ability to score throu out the team especially in midfield .
Heskey had a decent game , but thats as far as it goes ........... i personally dont rate him but i will support him whilst hes in an England shirt , even the Paraguay goalkeeper has scored more international goals then Heskey and im sure he knows the offside rule as Heskey obviously doesnt.
As for the one on one chance with only the keeper to beat .......... he did better then i thought because at least he hit the target as i was expecting a blast over the bar .............. why didnt that chance fall to Rooney,gerrard or lampard.

Agree - one of the better players tonight - a very solid 7. As another poster quite rightly pointed out in the past he has linked up well with Rooney and has played well in 3 or 4 big games in the last decade, however he is getting older and has had a bad season. Usually he comes off a fairly decent season (forget the fact he doesn't score, it's been the case in the past but at least he has played fairly well, played regularly and assisted many goals.) My worry is that when it gets to the big games this time round later into the tournament, will he cause problems for world class defenders and be as effective?

Super horns

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Jul 26, 2008
Just a shame Heskey didn't score that chance...

Not the only one to waste one

T

Tynan's Dad

I am impressed.

I came on here expecting major Heskey bashing and found most people saying what any good football fan would say.

He was one of our best players by far last night. Not only did he set up the goal but worked hard and distributed the ball well. My favourite Heskey moment was in the second half when he was under a lot of pressure and managed to pass the ball out wide from where a slightly over hit cross just went over Rooney's head.

Okay, so he missed a one-on-one. How many others missed chances? We knew he wasn't a goalscorer before the tournament.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Clarke_B":1emnhu19 said:

Del Boy maybe but Trigger? No, he's more of a sweeper! (I've had this broom...)

Heskey was there because in the past he has opened things up for Rooney. It's a shame that Wayne didn't bother to turn up for 70 mins.

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
He played well last night, i was a little disappointed with Rooney until the last 30 mins or so when he started playing well, i thought Lampard was not as good as he normally is, hopefully they will play a lot better in the next game.

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
He played well last night, but one swallow doesn't make a summer. He needs to play like that on a more regular basis. Also, I thought that Rooney was too deep at times, meaning that him and Heskey didn't link up that well. The suggestion that we should play Gerrard in behind Rooney is one that I would favour.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Tynan's Dad":3b4pkx2s said:
I am impressed.

I came on here expecting major Heskey bashing and found most people saying what any good football fan would say.

He was one of our best players by far last night. Not only did he set up the goal but worked hard and distributed the ball well. My favourite Heskey moment was in the second half when he was under a lot of pressure and managed to pass the ball out wide from where a slightly over hit cross just went over Rooney's head.

Okay, so he missed a one-on-one. How many others missed chances? We knew he wasn't a goalscorer before the tournament.

Yes he did play well but what you have described is a midfielder not a striker. We gain the attributes decscribed when Heskey is playing but lose out on goal scoring ability.