NZ can beat Italy-Fallon | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

NZ can beat Italy-Fallon

Keith Hennessey

๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฟ
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
Striker Rory Fallon is convinced the All Whites are good enough to beat world champions Italy and qualify for the second round of the World Cup-and says his confidence is born out of faith.Sports headlines in the Christchurch Press 17th June 2010. I'll have some of what he's on :eek:

Jun 2, 2010
Plymouth or Pacific
The media have whipped the story up a bit. When asked if Italy could be beaten he isn't going to say 'No'

He also said "Italy are a brilliant team and world champions, and I'd never be so cocky to say we will beat up the champions, but we never go out thinking we are going to lose'

I've heard very similar "We are good enough to beat them" statements coming out of Argyle players when we drew Premiership teams in the FA Cup. However, in most cases the confidence was misplaced :)

I would be amazed if NZ won but stranger things have happened.

Keith Hennessey

Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
George Willis":28rx1lwy said:
The media have whipped the story up a bit. When asked if Italy could be beaten he isn't going to say 'No'

He also said "Italy are a brilliant team and world champions, and I'd never be so cocky to say we will beat up the champions, but we never go out thinking we are going to lose'

I've heard very similar "We are good enough to beat them" statements coming out of Argyle players when we drew Premiership teams in the FA Cup. However, in most cases the confidence was misplaced :)

I would be amazed if NZ won but stranger things have happened.

A 2 goal or less defeat , would be a brilliant result for NZ

T

tuscaloosa

xmastree":3aiizp5n said:
Italy are slow at the back, so if NZ had some pace up front....

WAKEY, WAKEY,

Italy 0 New Zealand 1.. and I wonder who you think will score this goal, which will be the greatest upset in football history, Rory pops up ..no I cant go on its just too :lol:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ† Callum Wright 23/24
โœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
โœจPasoti Donorโœจ
๐ŸŒŸSparksy Mural๐ŸŒŸ
Sep 15, 2003
Very true but as you can see from the numbskulls that frequent this forum, it is far too easy to take the pee.

The best of it is, none of them have the balls to come back on and say that they were wrong.

T

tuscaloosa

George Willis":rpobubv4 said:
Fallon wasn't too far off the mark after all. The good Lord may well have been on NZ's side but the referee wasn't :)

Rory "The Elbow" Fallon :lol: