Englands player of the world cup! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Englands player of the world cup!

B

brrrrap

HESKEY!!!

by a mile. gave his all never grumbled and did what was asked of him.

Sep 19, 2005
Plympton
David James or Ashley Cole.

The rest should get booed and jeered by opposition fans, or even their own fans, next season. :twisted:

Enough of this cult of celebrity, overpaid, untouchable footballer, time for a change.

Jul 24, 2006
Plymouth
As much as i think he's a bit of a git it was Ashley Cole for me. Good going forward and didnt give the ball away easily (unlike the rest of the team).

He tackled solidly when defending too.

A

Avignon Green

Though no one else seems to thinks so I thought James was poor yesterday. Watch the first goal again and you will see that he was caught in no man's land. When the kick came through he was too far forward, I think Terry/Upson hesitated for a second thinking James was going to come for it (that's not to excuse their woeful attempt). When the ball finally dropped for Klose, James was frantically back pedalling rather than advancing to close down the space allowing an easy finish for the German forward.

The second goal although well struck by Podolski was one that an international keeper should save from a very tight angle. The 3rd - again well struck and harsh to blame James after the shambolic defending in front of him but a shot that could have been saved.

Mar 7, 2009
The 1st and 3rd goals should have been stopped by James. Having said that, they weren't mistakes and overall he played quite well.

Klose was clearly offside for their first goal, but did you know that he CANNOT be called offside direct from a goal kick.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
brrrrap":3fu1g5ll said:
HESKEY!!!

You can not be serious? :)

It wasnt acceptable that Argyle got relegated with players who "gave his all never grumbled and did what was asked of him", it was not their fault they weren't good enough, but at International level?

Earnest players are never enough and strikers who cant score or create chances for others are no good to man nor beast. Heskey did neither.

The Rory Fallon of the England team, except he wasnt alone in the Street of Shame.

It hurts to say it, but step forward Ashley Cole, not always a nice human being it seems but did enough to save himself from too much grief as a footballer.

B

brrrrap

tonycholwell":1q4rj871 said:
brrrrap":1q4rj871 said:
HESKEY!!!

You can not be serious? :)

It wasnt acceptable that Argyle got relegated with players who "gave his all never grumbled and did what was asked of him", it was not their fault they weren't good enough, but at International level?

Earnest players are never enough and strikers who cant score or create chances for others are no good to man nor beast. Heskey did neither.

The Rory Fallon of the England team, except he wasnt alone in the Street of Shame.

It hurts to say it, but step forward Ashley Cole, not always a nice human being it seems but did enough to save himself from too much grief as a footballer.

i think you missed my point. Englands best player was there "worst" player. which sums up our world cup