F.A and Premiership in England boycott row | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

F.A and Premiership in England boycott row

O

oggyale

There is an article in the Express today (below) about the Premiership's refusal to release certain individuals for the European Under-19 Championship Finals in France next week.

The F.A state it is undermining the future of the England national team,as the Premiership is being selfish in its attitude.

The other teams in England's group (Austria,Holland and France) have no problem getting their players released by the respective club sides,as does the other group containing Portugal,Italy,Spain and Croatia.

The clubs at the centre of the row are Blackburn,Spurs and Arsenal,but other clubs have been asked to release their young stars,but it looks like they will go back on that statement.

The Premiership and the Football League did promise the F.A they would release,but now look like they will go back on that etc.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/184 ... nd-boycott

So much for looking to the future of the England team.....

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the FA effectively administer the Premier League? So why don't they have the balls to stand up to the monster they created?

Remember the Blueprint for Football? Rarely mentioned these days, unsurprisingly. I seem to remember them saying all this was being done for the good of the England team. Nice one.

O

oggyale

GM Vauxhall":28lk54cc said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the FA effectively administer the Premier League? So why don't they have the balls to stand up to the monster they created?

Remember the Blueprint for Football? Rarely mentioned these days, unsurprisingly. I seem to remember them saying all this was being done for the good of the England team. Nice one.

The F.A are spineless cowards,and are not fit for purpose.

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
oggyale":1vhkpqj0 said:
GM Vauxhall":1vhkpqj0 said:

The F.A are spineless cowards,and are not fit for purpose.

Wot e said!