Barry Hayles | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Barry Hayles

Feb 26, 2008
A village
Anybody else hear his interview on Talksport?

Said he was looking for a club, had a bit of interest though nothing concrete. He hasn't had an agent for a few years prefers to represent himself,which I found surprising, and his favourite former clubs are Fulham and Argyle.

Good on ya Barry. Hope you get fixed up soon.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
i would have him back, not as first choice but he could have a positive affect on the youngsters and teach the other strikers a bit about work rate, attitude (i know he liked a whinge but he had a will to win) and finishing

Jan 4, 2009
Plymouth
I thought he was top class for us, he always tried, scored a few goals and seemed a good influence on all around him. The only thing he could be faulted on was the amount of bookings he managed to get. That said i do not think he is as good as what we have already, but hopefully he can get fixed up with someone, he would be a pretty good signing for Sturrock at Southend and would probably still be able to do a job in League 2.

Ted

Dec 8, 2003
Nottingham
I'd have him back as a coach. Pretty disappointed with Mariners coaching with the strikers, you'd think if somebody could get them scoring it would be him!

A

Anonymous

A very clever man who was amazingly fit.

I've never seen an Argyle player who had the ability to win something (usually a free kick) after chasing a lost cause.

As you say, back as a coach.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
pontypoolgreen":23wjb2tf said:
IJN":23wjb2tf said:
A very clever man who was amazingly fit.

I've never seen an Argyle player who had the ability to win something (usually a free kick) after chasing a lost cause.

As you say, back as a coach.

He's still looking for a club for this season, think he said he's 39 but still up for a game.

Im 39 and also still up for a game :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Mario":26cu2q35 said:
I'd have him back as a coach. Pretty disappointed with Mariners coaching with the strikers, you'd think if somebody could get them scoring it would be him!
One would have thought with Mariner's pedigree that he would been working with the strikers day in and day out honing their shooting/scoring skills..but it just aint happened has it...they still couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.....Fallon/Patterson/BWP...just aint firing.....

Keith Hennessey

🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
Jul 17, 2006
Blenheim New Zealand.
oddball":2ep6vef2 said:
Mario":2ep6vef2 said:
One would have thought with Mariner's pedigree that he would been working with the strikers day in and day out honing their shooting/scoring skills..but it just aint happened has it...they still couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.....Fallon/Patterson/BWP...just aint firing.....

Now there's a player.. 8)

Aug 17, 2006
oddball":1e0puwnt said:
Mario":1e0puwnt said:

Silk purse.................sow's ear

Jul 30, 2010
True enough mate. Goalscorers are born, not made. However, Sir Barry could certainly pass on a few of his 'techniques'.