Leeds v Derby | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Leeds v Derby

Aug 22, 2008
Chicago
What an entertaining game of football that was.

Good to see Derby - my family's other city - getting a result against Leeds. Interesting having watched Argyle's game earlier and comparing the two levels. From what I have seen so far the Championship sides just come forward with a little more purpose and edge.

Feb 8, 2009
Leeds look rather poor to me ... plenty of energy and aggression .. very open at the back and not a great deal going forward. They'll struggle with that squad IMO, althought home form will be key.

Dec 14, 2008
Plymouth
think derby set up really well away from home, frustrated the hell out of leeds although imo and its just my opinion i dont think derbys pen was a pen, one of the commentators for the bbc (not mark lawrenson the other guy), said no he definately didnt touch the ball when he did.

good game, gutted we dont get to play leeds their fans always good.

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
green dreams":22gno3tk said:
think derby set up really well away from home, frustrated the hell out of leeds although imo and its just my opinion i dont think derbys pen was a pen, one of the commentators for the bbc (not mark lawrenson the other guy), said no he definitely didnt touch the ball when he did.

good game, gutted we dont get to play leeds their fans always good.
I'm actualy glad we're not playing them. We never get a single point home or away.

Aug 22, 2006
CoulsdonGreen":2vnhuvh1 said:
Leeds look rather poor to me ... plenty of energy and aggression .. very open at the back and not a great deal going forward. They'll struggle with that squad IMO, althought home form will be key.

Agree - although I think they will end up mid-table.
I thought Paul Connolly was poor as was their left back Bessone. These two positions are often overlooked but as we saw yesterday N'Gala and Molyneux were vital and did a great job eventually (after first 30 minutes we weren't really stopping the crosses coming in, not helped by the fact that Summers and Bhasera weren't really helping their fullbacks out - much better in second half.)
Schmeichel was outstanding, but apart from him they haven't really made any eye-catching signings. Grayson seems to have replaced players with ones that aren't that much better. Having said that they were missing 5 first team regulars.
Good game.