Bellamy a Bluebird? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Bellamy a Bluebird?

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
What a total waste. Yes the guy is a total tosspot, but he's a damn fine striker. He'd walk into the starting line up of at least 13/14 Premier League teams.

A

Anonymous

Koumas, Bellamy and Chopra in the same Championship team?

Who'd bet against them?

One hell of a side (although it pains me to say it).

H

Hendy1000

I don't know how they're allowed to get away with it. Surely they must be paying a fair amount of his wages, and I'm sure he's on at least £80k...

Aug 29, 2005
Just biding his time until he joins Fulham to team up with Hughes again, I'm surprised FFC didnt snap him up to get some points under their belt before the next transfer window,

A

Anonymous

Learn what?

Look where they are, look who they're signing and look where we are.

Only jesting, but my point IS valid.

Its odds on that Bellemy is going to end up at Cardiff, you'd have thought they would have learn't their lesson from when they had Fowler on their books, he was on around £30K a week.

Bellemy has wages of £95k a week! Man City are covering half of that....leaving £47k. Half of that is being covered by the club and half by a local business man - who nobody seems to know.

Ok, he may put an extra 2,000 bums on seats if Cardiff do well but the rumour up here is that they will be selling Ross McCormack to cover his wages ...

Feb 18, 2009
Plymouth
This is really peeing me off big time now. How can sham clubs like Pompey and Carduff keep getting away with stuff like this before the axeman cometh? Bellamy must be on mega bucks and Cardiff will have to fork out half or three quarters of his weekly wage surely?
After the debacle of their 300 court appearances recently you'd think they would keep their heads down for a while.

Nov 13, 2006
Plympton St M
Phenom":1gx8j4gl said:
Pompey havent been buying since their debt was announced so i dont class them in the same boat as Cardiff.

Cardiff will fold in the next 2 years if they dont start to live within their means very soon.

Problem you could easily have said that two years ago. They seem to lead a charmed existence in their paralllel universe.

Jan 12, 2006
Plymouth
Who is to say Cardiff are paying any of his wages? It is not as if Man City have to get him off there books to save money and they would also rather let him go to club that isn't going to be challenging them in the league.

M

MylesPAFC

Alex0paul":12ebmqih said:
Who is to say Cardiff are paying any of his wages? It is not as if Man City have to get him off there books to save money and they would also rather let him go to club that isn't going to be challenging them in the league.

I don't think that is an option to be honest they will have to pay something else it wouldn't make business sense to city. They don't want him to play for them again so why would they give him to Cardiff for free when they can receive a fee and get him off the wage bill completely by shipping him out to the numerous amount of teams interested. They don't give a toss about Bellamy so they will look at who the best deal for them would be. I reckon it would have to be at least 50/50 between the two clubs, and there is no chance Cardiff can afford that, im sure they will attempt to though and get themselves even further into the poo.

Jul 30, 2010
Phenom":1j19ynk9 said:
Pompey havent been buying since their debt was announced so i dont class them in the same boat as Cardiff.

Cardiff will fold in the next 2 years if they dont start to live within their means very soon.

Or win promotion ?

G

Greenskin

Orestonian":1tpgqnmi said:
Phenom":1tpgqnmi said:

Or win promotion ?

Precisely.No matter what you think of the way Cardiff have done this,they have been successful where it really matters-on the pitch,certainly when compared to Argyle-our "success" was to reach 4th position ,then totally bottle it when the crunch came.Not saying the Cardiff model is ideal but they have established a fanbase of 18-20000 from a far less promising situation [they were averaging 11000 compared to our 13000 at one time] than Argyle's,have reached a cup final and consistently challenged for at least the play offs.I find it very strange that those who claim the moral high ground when criticising Cardiff for their methods did not pick up on Mr Campbells answer to a question about how the proposed new facilities were to be funded last week,when he stated that borrowing was likely to be a major part of paying for them.Can't see much difference myself-surely there would be as much risk involved in this [especially the retail and hotel aspect] as there would be in using the money to pay for a good squad of players? No doubt somebody will put me right on this issue,look forward to some stimulating replies.