Blackpool Fans on MOTD2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Blackpool Fans on MOTD2

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Anyone see the MOTD2 feature on the Blackpool fans going to Arsenal?

It made them out to be great and dedicated fans having to get up at 6.30 to go to Arsenal. You could spot the ones that wouldn't have been on the trips to Scunthorpe and other less glamorous fixtures last season - still wearing their play-off final T-Shirts as that was probably their only away trip last season. Their support last season was the poorest in the league apart from Scunthorpe and now all of a sudden they are getting the plaudits for being such great fans.

Yesterday was one of our closer fixtures but for me was further from Cornwall than Blackpool to Arsenal. How many of those dedicated Blackpool fans would have travelled to a third tier fixture 260 miles away - nowhere near the amount we took yesterday.

L

lukey1122

I also thought they made a lot of them, I think most clubs from lower leagues having just been promoted, would take that sort of support to the Emirates.

Nov 9, 2008
lukey1122":3ph0gi6o said:
I also thought they made a lot of them, I think most clubs from lower leagues having just been promoted, would take that sort of support to the Emirates.

Didn't we take like 8000 there in the FA cup

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
crownhillpilgrim":kqcpojsn said:
webjanner":kqcpojsn said:
Ahh well, they're in the premiership, we are in league one thats the main thing :(

Yes, indeed. Good luck to them... it's slightly pathetic to be jealous of their coverage, don'cha think.

I'm not jealous of their coverage - good luck to them - the point is the coverage is inaccurate. Taking a load of fans to Arsenal for your first Premiership game for years is no hardship and doesn't indicate an amazing away following.

Dec 7, 2006
Be fair, do you seriously think there'd have been more than 250 of the Green Army there if it had been us playing MK? 8)