Southend v Torquay... | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Southend v Torquay...

Aug 22, 2006
For those interested in either teams Mark Clemmit should be at Roots Hall for the Footie League show on Saturday...
Should be an interesting tie - Torquay went nearly 1,000 minutes without conceding a league goal until they did against Port Vale - at least that record won't be broken at Southend, but probably sod's law that Buckle will get Manager of the Month and then get beaten...
Not sure yet if it will be a Torquay feature, a Sturrock/Southend feature or both.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
MAZZA26":1yiqyye2 said:
For those interested in either teams Mark Clemmit should be at Roots Hall for the Footie League show on Saturday...
Should be an interesting tie - Torquay went nearly 1,000 minutes without conceding a league goal until they did against Port Vale - at least that record won't be broken at Southend, but probably sod's law that Buckle will get Manager of the Month and then get beaten...
Not sure yet if it will be a Torquay feature, a Sturrock/Southend feature or both.

maybe because there is a coach full of Argyle fans going up to see Luggy and catch the match

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Southend winning 1-0 after 15 mins.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Get your money on Southend for promotion.

Reckon there worth a tenner of anyone's money with Luggy in charge.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Southend 2-0. I put Torquay down for a win on my footy coupon. :( :(

I feel like a traitor.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Just checked and before this match you could get odds of 50-1 for Southend to win the division outright.

Mar 7, 2009
Justin":1gscr64x said:
Just checked and before this match you could get odds of 50-1 for Southend to win the division outright.

I reckon they'll be slashed if the score stays the same.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Probs PP but they're still only 12th in the live table. Reckon odds may fall to about 30-1 at most.

Reminds me of our League 1 championship winning year. I remember putting £30 on us at 30-1 after 2 wins in a row had left us about 12th in the table... but all the signs were there of another Luggy success. Admittedly winning League 2 with Southend would be his most remarkable achievement yet, given the state of disarray he was faced with when he arrived, but we have the benefit of witnessing previous feats closer to hand than most... I reckon it's definitely worth a flutter.

Mar 7, 2009
Justin":2hkskzsh said:
Probs PP but they're still only 12th in the live table. Reckon odds may fall to about 30-1 at most.

Reminds me of our League 1 championship winning year. I remember putting £30 on us at 30-1 after 2 wins in a row had left us about 12th in the table... but all the signs were there of another Luggy success. Admittedly winning League 2 with Southend would be his most remarkable achievement yet, given the state of disarray he was faced with when he arrived, but we have the benefit of witnessing previous feats closer to hand than most... I reckon it's definitely worth a flutter.

:iagree: I'm having a cheeky 50p.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrim_pete":1nhauhno said:
Justin":1nhauhno said:

:iagree: I'm having a cheeky 50p.

Ladbrokes, William Hill and Corals all have Southend at 40/1 for the league on todays showing so far (you can get 50s on a couple of online firms). Torquay still favourites to take the league at an average of 6/1.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Zebroski

Southend 2 Torquay 1