Portsmouth - Kitson and Lawrence | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Portsmouth - Kitson and Lawrence

Jan 31, 2005
Tavistock
A short article in the paper today(Daily Mirror) features quotes from Portsmouth's administrator says they have already felt that it was prudent to break the clubs self imposed maximum wage limit in order to pay Dave Kitson and Liam Lawrence 19k and 20k a week.

How comforting this must be for all their creditors that lost out when they went into administration. :twisted:

I know they will sign players but to already be paying such ridiculous wages is surely just putting them on the first steps towards being financially irresponsible again. I remember there was something of an outcry on here when we found out the Mpenza was on half of this amount.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
This is an absolute disgrace. Someone can probably explain that it's all legal and above board, but that doesn't make it morally appropriate.

Mar 7, 2009
Their wages are £19,000 and £20,000 but it was something we are comfortable with.

"Gone are the days when extraordinary pay packets put the club in financial trouble.''

Nice quote.

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Here we go again - 20k a week which is over 1M a year for one player which is an extraordinary pay packet in my opinion for a club that has just racked up 130M of debts and then written most of them off again. I wouldn't have thought Hull and Burnley are best pleased as they didn't have the luxury of writing off over 100M and being able to start again.