Green Army Three Peaks Challenge | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Green Army Three Peaks Challenge

Sep 16, 2010
Plymouth
Hello!

I am an avid Argyle supporter who will next weekend (25-26th September), undertake the UK 3 Peaks Challenge, climbing Ben Nevis, Scaffel Pike, and Snowdon in under 24 hours, the three highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales.

Myself and a few team mates are undertaking this challenge to raise money for the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, http://www.muscular-dystrophy.org/. This is part of a series of charity fundraisers that will culminate in my good friend, Rich Parks, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in January 2011. We have raised over £2000 through smaller events such as pub quizes so far, but realise there is a great opportunity for the Green Army to get behind us.

Rich, whose mother is terminally ill with the disease, is a die hard Newcastle fan, he was on the Home Park pitch when Newcastle won promotion last season (who knows, maybe we will do the same at Exeter come April 30th). Therefore, I see this as a great opportunity for the green army to show how much of a passionate fanbase we really are, and litter his donation page with green army donations. Who knows, maybe that elusive striker we need will be so touched by our support that he will be in a green shirt come January!! In return, I will endeavour to get my Argyle shirt on in any promotions for the event and during the climbs.

I appreciate how generous users have been in recent times, every £1 donated is a small victory but a victory none the less! This hereditary disease affects 70,000 people in the UK and without a known cure, this is a very frightening prospect.

All donations made through http://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Parks. Please include the letters PAFC or green army on any details regarding donations.

Many Thanks

Nathan Bryant

Sep 16, 2010
Plymouth
Thank you so much for the support.

It really does make a difference, such a great cause, your kindness will certainly put a smile on the faces of all those involved!