Why make substitutions in injury time? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Why make substitutions in injury time?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I see that Joey Barton came on at 90+4 of tonight's Crap Cup game for Newcastle at Chelski (which incidentally the Toon won).

Why do managers do this? Commentators are often heard to say that this uses up time, but presumably not even the last two tw@s we have had as refs would be that stupid, that they don't notice and fail to add on another 30 seconds...

Is it to pee off the player who then has to go and get all sweaty and muddy so needs a shower ;-)

Is it just to disrupt things abit...

...it bugs me!

PS Why does the wotsit change Joe with a y to Joe?

L

LondonGreen

Peter Ryan":1yl685d8 said:
I see that Joe Barton came on at 90+4 of tonight's Crap Cup game for Newcastle at Chelski (which incidentally the Toon won).

Why do managers do this? Commentators are often heard to say that this uses up time, but presumably not even the last two tw@s we have had as refs would be that stupid, that they don't notice and fail to add on another 30 seconds...

Is it to pee off the player who then has to go and get all sweaty and muddy so needs a shower ;-)

Is it just to disrupt things abit...

...it bugs me!

PS Why does the wotsit change Joe with a y to Joe?

I was at that game last night and to be fair, Barton only came on for their young left back who went down with an injury