Mackie fee? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mackie fee?

Aug 22, 2006
Sorry for yet another JM post.
But i've just read something on a website suggesting that "Mackie will cost QPR £500,000 only if they are promoted this season." Is this true? Surely a hoax? I would have thought that 500k would be the basic with add-ons to come... I know they will have a good chance of going up but still it's a bit of a flimsey add-on.
Jeez, baffling stuff this.

Aug 20, 2009
Tavypilgrim":xoxryotk said:
In the paper the other day it said QPR bought him for 150k, at the time I assumed this was a misprint. Hopefully I was correct. :cry:

Maybe that was correct, after all, it would be difficult to argue that the Mackie that left us in the Summer was any better than the Mackie that joined us from Exeter for 145K two years ago or whatever it was.

His performances took a noticable dip after the January transfer window closed.

Aug 22, 2006
ffarquhar42":retdr30n said:
Tavypilgrim":retdr30n said:
In the paper the other day it said QPR bought him for 150k, at the time I assumed this was a misprint. Hopefully I was correct. :cry:

Maybe that was correct, after all, it would be difficult to argue that the Mackie that left us in the Summer was any better than the Mackie that joined us from Exeter for 145K two years ago or whatever it was.

His performances took a noticable dip after the January transfer window closed.

If that's the case why haven't you argued your case against all the hardcore mackie fans. This isn't a minor point, this is major stuff. It's hilarious that our midfield, along with bwp, fallon and our other strikers, have been totally written off to the point that they apparently "don't give it their all" yet mackie has been excused? Why??? Why did his performances take a noticeable dip? IF he was that good why was his goalscoring stats poor? IF it was because of the rest of the team then surely that means he should have gone for more cash??? Warnock - "yeah this bloke is quality, he is in a poor team, with no service, so I will bid a whole 500k for him, meanwhile I will buy other players for 2-3million because they are proven....erm sort of not actually but hey if I can get a bargain in then so be it, especially as we are rather poor."

If people are not blaiming the team as such then that means people are claiming that he didn't perform to the best of his ability here and that in some ways means we were well and truly buggered. Surely his god-like status on here isn't justified. I don't agree with this, I feel he was quality for us, hustled and bustled, BUT didn't produce the goods consistently like he is now.
So how can Karl Duguid, Chris Clark, Carl Fletcher, BWP take all the blame for a bad season when someone who is apparently more talented is excused because he is in a bad team? I'm confused. And his talent is evident at QPR. So he must have underperformed for us surely?

Jan 24, 2009
,plymouth
the mirror said 100,000 for mackie,which i think must be wrong but didn't brighton pay 250,000 for barnes ?
i know which player i would prefer